Chart Template Conversion from v6.5 to 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Template Conversion from v6.5 to 7

I installed Ninjtrader v7 and I am trying to convert my Ninjatrader v6.5 chart templates to v7. v7 doesn't recognize the v6.5 chart template. I was thinking about manually creating new charts and the templates, but I need to have v6.5 running so I can see the exact setups I had. The issue is that I just installed Windows 7 along with SP1. I also switched over to Ninjatrader v7. I can no longer run v6.5 on my Win 7 SP1.

Any idea how I can view all my chart setups so that way I can create the same ones in v7?

Hello Zythyr,

You will need to uninstall Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 to run NinjaTrader 6.5 again. The easiest way to uninstall SP1 is using Programs and Features.

1.Click the Start button, click Control Panel and then click Programs and Features.

2.Click View installed updates.

3.Click Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB 976932), and then click Uninstall.

I suggest to take screenshots of your charts and chart menu settings in NinjaTrader 6.5, so you have an image of what settings need to be used when recreating your templates in NinjaTrader 7. Unfortunately you cannot run both NinjaTrader 6.5 and 7 on the same PC at the same time.

Once you recreated the templates, you can install Service Pack 1 again. Please note that NinjaTrader 6.5 will not run in Windows 7 SP 1, so you might as well uninstall it. Or you could keep SP1 uninstalled and still be able to make use of NinjaTrader 6.5.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I uninstalled SP1 and installed NT v6.5. How do I obtain a license key for v6.5? My broker is Mirus, and their website used to have the license key for v6.5. Thier website no longer provides the license key. How do I access v6.5, connect to ZenFire and correctly look at all my chart templates and setups?

Comment

You can use the same license key you have entered in NinjaTrader 7 at Control Center-->Help-->License Key.

If this will not work for you, please send me an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elirion
        by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        0 responses