MB Trading and 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Trading and 64 bit

I have just downloaded NT and am trying to connect to a MB Trading data feed. I get an error message that tells me I can't run MB Trader data on 64 bit but need to use 32 bit. Two questions:

1) Is this expected?
    2) If so, how do I get the 32 bit platform?

Thanks.

Hello jtfancher,

Thank you for your post.

1.) This is expected with MB Trading as they do not yet support 64 bit. You can view what data providers support 64 bit in the following link.

Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

2.) You should have two shortcuts on your desktop (NinjaTrader 7, NinjaTrader 7 64-bit) the shortcut without the 64-bit label is the 32 bit version. This can also be found from Windows Start button -> All Programs -> NinjaTrader 7 -> NinjaTrader 7.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Now it is telling me that I must not have the recommended version of MB Trading Navigator?

Comment

jtfancher,

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About

Comment

Comment

jtfancher,

With NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.4, it is critical that you use MBT Navigator Version 11.6.0.0

Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then MBT Navigator Version 11.6.0.0 via the following link:

Comment

OK thanks....making progress. I now have MBT data. I tried to add new contracts - ie: 6e, GC, CL and the data doesn't show. Any suggestions? thx

Comment

jtfancher,

Can you confirm you are receiving data for other instruments?

Also, below are the current traded front months of your listed instruments.
                • 6E 06-11
                • GC 04-11
                • CL 04-11

Please follow the instructions below to rollover the expiration date of a futures contracts.
                • From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                • Highlight the contract you wish to rollover in the left side of the Instrument Manager window
                • Press the ">" button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
                • Press the "<" button and the instrument should re-appear with the front month expiration date

Click here for a video and further instructions

Comment

everything that was loaded as a default with the installation runs quotes in the control center but I don't appear to be able to get any charts. When I open a chart it just says "Loading data." In the Control Center, when I try to add the 6e I get the same "Loading" message in the lower left hand corner.....have had it running for quite a while and it still says that.

Comment

jtfancher,

To investigate this further could you provide me with your most current log and trace files.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                    • The log file will be named log.20110324.txt

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                    • The trace file will be named ‘trace.20110324.txt

To send us the Log and Trace files, please send a note to: Support [at] NinjaTrader [dot] com ATTN: Cameron in the subject, and link to the forum in the body. Attach both Log and Trace files to the email.

Comment

Originally posted by jtfancher View Post
                      everything that was loaded as a default with the installation runs quotes in the control center but I don't appear to be able to get any charts. When I open a chart it just says "Loading data." In the Control Center, when I try to add the 6e I get the same "Loading" message in the lower left hand corner.....have had it running for quite a while and it still says that.
                      Just shutdown and restart NinjaTrader. I had the same problem this morning when I loaded NT onto a fresh computer and configured MBTrading as the DataProvider. Restarting NT fixed the problem then.

Comment

Koganam,

Thank you for your input, jtfancher, you may want to test this as well.

Comment

It didn't work. I sent you the files. thx

Comment

jtfancher,

I have replied to your email.

Comment

Am still having problems today. I saw a note flash at on point last night that said something to the effect of "acct number XYZ is not eligible to trade"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite