historical download data won't replay sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical download data won't replay sometimes

I downloaded historical data for CL 05-11 for Mar 23 which I inadvertently forgot to capture
    recent CL days. The downloaded data does appear now in the right DB directory for mar 23..

However, I can not get Connect To market Replay to display the downloaded data.
    The Replay time stamp advances for the 23rd but no data shows up in the chart until I get to 24 Mar which was data that I had captured during market hours..
    Also the data ended at 13:25 ET rather than the official close listed on the CME as 14:30

I then downloaded the data for 22 mar and suddenly I was able to replay 23 mar but not 22
    Am I setting something wrongly?
    Last edited by roland_nt; 03-27-2011, 12:23 PM.

Hello roland_nt,

Thank you for your post.

With the data downloaded you may need to set the time to trading hours, try the following steps.
    • Right click on the Market Replay Controller and select 'Available Data' and expand the instruments to see L1 Begin and L1 End -> Press 'Close'
    • Right click on the Market Replay Controller and select 'Go To' and specify the date and a time within the L1 Begin and L1 End -> Press 'OK' to go to the time specified

Please see the following link for additional information.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

still can't get historical data to replay

Your sugesstion had no effefct. The problem is that I can't get access to new data that is downloaded in replay mode. Where is downloaded data t kept? Is it in /Db/Data?. I can get F5 to work. Replay is erratic, dropping off towards end of day sometimes or other interruptions. Does downloaded data overwrite any of my own replay data if I download for the same day as my own replay?

Comment

Hello

OK – you can confirm that you do have this data available for replay, correct?

Additionally, when you say you can access the newly downloaded data, is it that the chart’s end date is not including the data or you can access the correct replay date but don’t see this data populating the chart?

The Market Replay data is recorded and stored in compressed files located in the <Installation Folder>\db\data folder. The downloaded data would overwrite as it only maintains one data set for the instrument & time period
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
        6 responses
        2 likes
        Last Post ultls
        by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
        0 responses