Splits and dividends doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splits and dividends doesn't work

I'm connceted to Yahoo and I've having trouble with splits and dividends. As far I understand it this should be a fixed issue according to

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=28949

However, the problem persists for me; Ninja Trader hangs whenever I press the Update Splits & Dividends button.

Hello JakobR

Thank you for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you currently using?

Please provide the steps taken so that we can reproduce.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using NinjaTrader 64-bit 7.0.1000.22.

I go to Tools/Instrument Manager and then I chose one of my stocks, say HM-B.ST, press Edit and then the Misc. Upon pressing Update Splits & Dividends button the NinjaTrader "hangs", i e it shows an eternal rotating ring (= hourglass in former Windows versions).

Comment

Hi JakobR,

Can you please upgrade your version of NinjaTrader to the most current version which is 7.0.1000.4 from the following link:

The reason you will want to upgrade is that due to later updates to the API, namely item 4317 from the release notes you will see that changes to the Yahoo adapter, related to this issue have been made since the version of NinjaTrader you are presentlu using:
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've upgraded and now NinjaTrader doesn't hang. However, the splits function doesn't work anyway.

As an example:

However, in NinjaTrader nothing happens when I press the Update Splits & Dividends button, though the above link clearly shows there has been a split on Jun 1, 2010
          Last edited by JakobR; 04-01-2011, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Hello,

When requesting split data NinjaTrader uses the master symbol name to do this. What is the master symbol name in the main tab of the instrument editor? PLease insure this is the same as your requesting data for. If you needed to make a change be sure to click ok to set the change then reedit the instrument and then update the splits.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

But that would be impossible. If the download symbol is HM-B.ST, it's impossible to name the master the same because the name contains special characters, i e "-" and ".".

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for that information.

Checking into this with my product manager.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

I successfully download the splits and dividend data from Yahoo by clicking the "Update splits & dividend" button.

To reflect this split info, I go to "Tools>>Options>>Data". I then tick the "Adjust for splits". But when I click OK, there is an error message: "NinjaTrader has detected a problem and needs to shut down. Information...."

Any idea how to fix it?

Comment

Btw, I am using NT 64-bit 7.0.1000.4

Comment

Alvantage,

You most likely have an anti virus that is realtime scanning files that is giving NinjaTrader a hard time saving the settings to disk. Can you please send me your trace files for today so I can look into this. I will need both files attached to a return email to support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and reference this forum post.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email as an attachment
                      There are two attachments I need in total.
                      My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.XXXXXXXX.txt (YYYYMMDD.txt)
                      My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.XXXXXXXX.txt (YYYYMMDD.txt)

If the files combines are larger then 8mb in size. I will not be able to recieve it via email. Please send them via filexpressit.com instead and reference the ticket number in the subject line.

Comment

JakobR,

Update on your issue, I discussed this with product manager and this is unfortunately a limitation at this time. It is already on our list to change this functionality in future versions of the software however.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

to which email address should I send the files?

Comment

Please see below.

Can you please send me your trace files for today so I can look into this. I will need both files attached to a return email to support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and reference this forum post.

Comment

Ah... Sorry I didnt notice it. I sent them to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post love2code2trade  
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani