Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quickly visually screening a series of charts

Hi,

What I want to do is quickly load a series of charts one instrument at a time to visually look for trading candidates. The Market Analyser seems the tool for a job however it will use the same chart template for each chart. What I want to do (for example) is to load lets say a 10,000 volume chart when I click on ES and maybe a 500 volume chart when I click on FDAX and perhaps a 4 hour when I load a currency. Is this possible? Should I use another mechanism to quickly load a series of charts to quickly eyeball what is going on?

Thanks.

Hello NickA,

Unfortunately this is not supported. However you can quickly change the chart interval by typing the new interval. When the chart is the active window, please type the new chart interval, such as 15M. It will change the chart to a 15 minute interval. Please see the link below under 'How to change a Data Series' for more information.

The interval switch will not be applied for window-linked charts, meaning you will need to configure each chart seperate.

You could create multiple charts - one for each chart interval you will use. Subsequently window-link all charts together.

If you switch instruments in one chart, all window linked charts will switch to the same instrument. However, the charts will keep their interval settings, so you will see that new instrument in all intervals you setup in the charts.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I don't think any of those things will really make things that much easier to be honest. I wonder if there is a way perhaps of quickly moving from workspace to workspace (preferably a single key press or mouse click)? I could then set up each instrument I am interested in looking at in it's own workspace. The scenario is actually a little more complicated that I initially described, I may actually want to look at 2 or 3 charts for each instrument (at the same time) with different periodicities.

e.g.

ES 50,000vol and 10,000vol ->
      Dax 10,000vol and 1000vol ->
      Euro 4hour and 1hour ->
      etc.

and so on through a list of maybe 20 or 30 instruments. I really want to concentrate on eyeballing the charts rather than messing with settings.

Cheers.

Comment

Yes, you can quickly toggle between workspaces using Shift + F3.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
        Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes