Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7+Zen fire crash when Eurex Open

Hi,

NT7 crashes at 8:00AM (I'am GMT+1) exactly when Eurex Open.

Using Zen Fire as datafeed I keep my NT7 open during the nigth
    to collect market replay data and historical data by charts.
    The symbols I collect are FGBL and FDAX

When Eurex open NT7 crashes.

GB
    Attached Files

Hello GB,

I checked your files, however they do not list a crash of the software. I do notice you lost connection to Zen-Fire and the historical data server at 4:45 AM and 5:40 AM, respectively. However you get automatically re-connected by NinjaTrader.

Did you display an error at the Eurex Open or did the software just became unresponsive? The files reflect that NinjaTrader is restarted at 8:01 AM. I assume you manually restarted it at 8:01, correct?

Did the issue only occur today or did it happen on previous days as well?

Can you please check if the issue recurs tomorrow morning. Once the Eurex opens, please leave NinjaTrader opened for a while and check if data eventually updates in the software.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please look at the attached image

Why NinjaTrader today (1/April) has update the log file log.20110331.txt and not
      the log file log.20110401.txt?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello GB,

The image you attached displays an error generated by Windows. I am not sure why Windows generated this error. Do you experience this error more often?

Can you please restart NinjaTrader and subsequently check if a log file for today is created.

The 4/1/2011 trace file does list only a little information. That information would not be reflected in a log file. Likely, this clarifies why no log file has been created yet.

Comment

I will do my best to send you detailed infos... if I can collect infos!!

Never seen before an error like this; just because appear in early in the morning when Eurex open,
          just because I am collecting level I and Level II data on Eurex instruments,
          just because I am testing Zen-Fire datafeed I have conlcuded that this issue is strictly related
          to Zen-Fire+Eurex Open... but it is my opinion.....

The next wek I will do the same things using IB as datafeed so we can better
          understand this issue

Tx
          GB

Comment

Sounds good, please let me know if the error message persists on Eurex open when you test it with IB next week.

You have many 3rd party add-ons installed. Did you check with each 3rd party vendor if their add-ons are compatible in NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3 and later (CliSecure)?

You could uninstall the 3rd party add-ons and check if this will avoid the Windows error that occurred at the Eurex open.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 04-01-2011, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Hi,

No 3rd party add-ons installed.

I moved NT7+Zen Fire on a Windows XP PC (before was on a Windows 7 64bit).
              I confirm you that NT7 crashes when Eurex opens; this happens every day; the trace and log files do not register anything.
              The crash is not announced by a windows box as in windows 7: I only see NT7 disappearing from my computer without any advise or alert or message box ( a not controlled crash; a true crash!)

In my Windows 7 64 PC I have now NT7 + IB: as you know is not possible to collect data 5*24 hours using TWS so I can say that NT7+IB does not crash when Eurex opens BUT
              1- on IB I have not marketdepth
              2- NT7 restart every day so I clean the NT7 memory

In my opinion you can repeat the error doing the same things I do:
              collect market replay data on FDAX and FGBL ; two charts tick-by-tick for FGBL and FDAX opened to collect historical data;never close NT7 and wait for the open (8:00 AM Rome Time)

Bye
              GB
              Attached Files
              Last edited by gbulle; 04-06-2011, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Hello GB,

Could you please send me the log and trace files for the crash you experienced in Windows XP.

Please note that you can download Market Replay data for the FDAX and FGBL instruments as well. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Download Replay Data.

I will test the Eurex open when connected to Zen-Fire and recording Market Replay data for these two instruments tomorrow.

Comment

Hi,
                  trace and log file attached to my previous thread.
                  GB

Comment

Thank you for sending the files. Unfortunately they do not provide me any indication of what might be causing the issue. As you mentioned, no information is reflected in the files. I will check if I can reproduce the issue tomorrow morning.

Comment

Additional infos:

If I close NT7 before Eurex opening and then I open NT7 again before Eurex opening
                      NT7 does not crash.

TX
                      GB

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Waxavi
                      by Waxavi