X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Bar Chart not loading much data

Hi

Every time I try to load a range bar chart - with a custom date range:
    March25-2006 - March31-2011, it just loads up to 10 December 2010. It refuses to load any bars further back than this.

I have tried setting the series to Days back and bars back but it has not made any difference.

I have recently uninstalled ninja trader and removed all related files and then reinstalled it again to see if that would fix the problem but it didnt.

I really would like some help with this because I cant figure how to fix it at all.

Thanks

Mike

Hello Mike,

Can you please tell me what instrument is selected in the chart and to what data feed provider you connect in NinjaTrader.

Are you able to load more historical data if you set 'Load data based on' to 'Days' and you enter a value of 200?

Could it be 'Merge policy' is set to DoNotMerge for the instrument in question, so it only loads historical data from the 06-11 expiry?

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in question and click Edit. Make sure 'Merge Policy' is set to MergeBackAdjusted or MergeNonBackAdjusted and click OK. Restart NinjaTrader and create a new range chart and check if more historical data is loaded.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

thanks for advice and I tried it but still having same issue. Im using Kinetick and Im trying to load the range bar chart for the AUDUSD and have also tried the EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCHF but get the same issue, it refuses to load data prior to 10 December 2010, even I set days back to 1000.

I checked merge policy and its set to merge back-adjusted.
      This problem is frustrating the life out of me as I'm trying to back test a strategy on range bars so any more advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Comment

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately this is as expected with Kinetick. They only support 120 days of historical tick data.

Extensive Historical Data
        Access up to 120 days of tick data, two years of intraday minute data and ten plus years of daily data.

Range bars are build by tick data.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Which data provider is the best for range bars so as I need to do some back testing and would need ideally 10 years of data on a range bar chart.

Thanks a lot.

Mike

Comment

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately I do not have listed which supported data feed providers support 10 years of historical tick data. You will need to check this with the data feed provider.

Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

The matrix will list 'data feeds only' such as Kinetick and DTN IQFeed, but it lists broker technologies as well such as Zen-Fire and Trading Technologies. The broker technologies can only be used if you have an account at a supported broker partner that uses the broker technology in question. They will provide data in NinjaTrader and will allow you to trade your account at your broker. The 'data feeds only' will only provide data in NinjaTrader.

In addition, you can find connection guides to all supported data feeds at the following link.
            Get the support you want and need 24/5 and join a community of active futures traders for trader-to-trader support. Learn more!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rhubear
            by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
            8 responses