Problem/Suggestion regarding mouse wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem/Suggestion regarding mouse wheel

When I click in the quantity field to increase or decrease the contracts, the focus remains there, so when I scroll the mouse wheel to scroll the price levels in the DOM, it instead changes the number of contracts I'm trading. I understand that this is the way the spinner works when it has focus, but the problem is that my only option is to click on the price levels in the DOM, yielding a message that "active ATM strategy must be selected", or else click on another window, in order to change the focus away from the spinner. Is there a way to change this behavior? For example, when I choose an ATM from the drop down box, it seems to lose its focus as it should after a second or two when I move my mouse, which is the behavior I'd like.

Hi JoshDance,

You can always click the top title bar of the SuperDom to restore focus to the main window. The center price column works for this as well.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 04-01-2011, 03:43 PM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hi JoshDance,

You can always click the top title bar of the SuperDom to restore focus to the main window. The center price column works for this as well.
      Just wanted to say that this requires attention from the user because I've inadvertently changed my quantity to very high numbers while trying to scroll the DOM with the mouse wheel.

Ex: I change quantity from 2 to 1 and then use mouse wheel to scroll dom and the quantity changes from 1 to 8 and then I'm at risk of entering an order for 8 contracts instead of 1!!!

I feel it'd be best if the mouse wheel only worked on the DOM. I never need to use the wheel to cycle through accounts or quantity. I don't know if this is possible to restrict it like this. It'd be against general windows standards I guess, but generally in windows one doesn't risk placing huge trades. I actually caught my quantity on 30 earlier today!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB