TradeStation Email Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TradeStation Email Interface

There is some daytrading software that I would like to try that is only available on TradeStation. I have a very fast 64 bit OS computer with lots of memory. Is the order communication between TradeStation and NT going to considerably slow order submission and reporting?

Hello,

Thanks for your forum post.

There is no issue with the email interface with this as the email never leaves the PC and it is a direct send from application to application.

I do not see any issue with using this method.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I believe that I have everything set up correctly as per the NT user's guide; however, I don't see any reference in NT to the strategy that I enabled in TradeStation. Should there be some place in NT where I would see that the strategy is active?
      The steps that I took were: properly naming the workspace, testing the email interface, configuring ATI, and checking the strategy orders tab in the Format area of TS.

Comment

Hello,

You should be setup at this time. There is no NInjaTrader strategy that needs to run.

Simply what will occur now is that NinjaTrader will get an email from tradestation on tradestation fill. NinjaTrader will then take that email and format it to an active order inside of NinjaTrader. You will want to monitor when this occurs in the log tab of the control center of NinjaTrader.

Also, I forgot to mention make sure that you dont have any email anti virus scanners running on this PC. As the anti virus can try to scan the email, which delays the send time. I would recommend simply disableing it or configuring not to scan emails from tradestation if you have any running.

Have a great rest of the day let me know if you run into any issues.

Comment

Symbol Mapping Tradestation ATI Email interface

I am using the email ATI from TS and for the most part works great..

2 issues..:

1. What would be the correct mapping in NT for symbol @SIK12, and symbol @ESM12.D

2. I am only setting the email to go to NT ONLY on Strategy Fill order in TS. It seems I got double positions in Sim when I had the other Strategy order options in TS also enabled in the email interface.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

For mapping @ symbols you would use the mapping continuos symbol guide here. As far as the .D symbols these are unfortunately not supported you would need to run on a standard chart.

Right you would want the following selected to send emails:

"Strategy Active Order", "Strategy Canceled Order", "Strategy Filled Order" and "Strategy Replaced Order"

-Brett

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.

1. Can the [email protected], ESM12 in the workspace name work?

2. If all I want is an order after a fill has occured. I do not care about cancel, pending, etc..I am having difficulty as to the need for enabling email for anything except Strategy Filled order. Please explain if possible...

Thanks again

Comment

1) I have had mixed success with that. Sometimes I can get it to work and sometimes I cannot. This is why we have labeled it unsupported.

2) Basically if that's all you need then that's all you need to enable. However if you do any order cancellations/Modifications/etc. they would not take place in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by flygs View Post
                  I am using the email ATI from TS and for the most part works great..

2 issues..:

1. What would be the correct mapping in NT for symbol @SIK12, and symbol @ESM12.D

2. I am only setting the email to go to NT ONLY on Strategy Fill order in TS. It seems I got double positions in Sim when I had the other Strategy order options in TS also enabled in the email interface.

Thanks
                  Hey I would like to use email interface with in T.S? Could you help with this request as you have done interface between T.S and NT. I would like use email interface to place order with in T.S

Comment

nvallinger, welcome to our forums. Our supported TS email interface would only be meant to take emails generated from TS and execute those in NT via a connected brokerage, it would not possible to revert this process and access TS itself as brokerage for execution.
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post PaulMohn  
                    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes