Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible ...

Hello,

I currently trade through Tradestation using a custom strategy that sizes a position based on predefined risk ( it takes the entry and the stop to get the $ risk and the divides by my predetermined risk), enters on the break of a price channel and places a protective stop and trails the stop on another price channel. It is not a fully automated strategy, I turn it on when my conditions are met. I would like to get away from TS. Does anyone know if it is possible to do something like this in NT? I am mainly concerned with the sizing, putting the order in and placing the stop, once it does that I am fine with turning the strategy off and manually managing it for the time being. I would like to get that part working so I can transition from TS. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

~ Tommy

Yes, this is possible to code in NinjaTrader...Depending on your programming experience, there are many ways to skin this cat. Since NinjaTrader is a free application (unless you trade live) take your time, look at the programming capabilities. See the NinjaScript section for further support.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have NT installed but it seems that the ability to put a strategy in a chart is disabled. Is this correct? If so how would you test a strategy?

I have no formal programming experience, I was able to pick up EL quickly and have no problem writing in it. Do you have any recommendations on how I should proceed with NT? If I learn C#, will I be able to code what I described in C# and import it into NT?

Thanks,

Tommy

Comment

You likely have Chart Trader enabled --> Disable it, then you can run a strategy on a chart.

There are a lot of resources on C# on the internet as well as books you can buy. In our Help Guide, we have about 6 indicator development tutorials and 2 strategy development tutorials. You can also build some strategies using our Strategy Wizard and watch the code generate on the fly to give you assistance in learning the syntax.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes