Connections: Native vs API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connections: Native vs API

I thoroughly enjoy using NinjaTrader, finding it to be the best trading application currently available on the market. However, as a new trader and one seeking a Broker I was wondering the advantages and disadvantages of native connections such as Gain Forex.com versus an API driven interface for say dbFx (TradeStation).

Lastly, as a non-programmer how does one find a developer for the connection via the dbFx API?

Thank you in advance for any insight you may provide.

Hello,

Thanks for your forum post.

To trade with NinjaTrader I would recommend using a native API. Which would mean you would need to connect to one of our supported broker technology connections such as GAIN as you mentioned. For help with this please dont be afraid to contact sales at ninjatrader dot com for assistance with this.

Please see this page on our NinjaTrader API that details what you can do with it:

Please note on this page the following:

NOTE: This interface is ONLY used for processing trade signals generated from external applications and is not a full blown brokerage/market data API. If you are interested in automated trading using native NinjaScript strategies please proceed to the following help guide section.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, this makes me doubt my usage of NinjaTrader as I am more interested in trading through dbFx versus Gain. It seems both dbFx and NinjaTrader have API's, but if one cannot trade manually (I do not use automated strategies) it seems a bit of a waste. The reason I've been utilizing NinjaTrader is because of its ability to handle trades, not like a competitors application FibonacciTrader. I'm looking for an all-in-one application, not a charting application running alongside a trading application.

Now if I can have a connection interface programmed between the two API's allowing for data transfer and order processing, then I will look further into NinjaTrader. If not, then I'll simply move back to MetaTrader 4 and remember the excellent capabilities of NinjaTrader that just didn't fit my needs.

Comment

Hello,

It is possible and I have seen other develope these API's however it quickly gets into unsupported territory. However I'm not sure I would recommend it for the standard user of our software as this would be an advanced integration. You would need to use one of our supported brokers unfortunately in this case to use NinjaTrader as your all in one solution.

Thanks and Have a great rest of the day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post selu72