Live Simulated Trading (Kinetick)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Simulated Trading (Kinetick)

I just bought a subscription to Kinetick's live data feed and will be using it for Forex.

I've developed several strategies and would like to now start running one of them simulated on live market data. I thought i could figure out how to get it running tonight so I could leave it on for the week and see how it does but I can't seem to figure it out.

Once I have established a connection to Kinetick (which i've done) how do I get one of my charts to show continuous updated live data? I would like to have a chart where I can see the price and volume constantly update - is this possible?

Lastly, what are the steps to launching my strategy so as to simulate it on live data?

Any help would be great, i'm excited to get going on this, thanks!

Hello cmspruill,

You will need to select the 'Forex' session template in the chart, so it will not exclude any time. You will receive real-time data in the chart as long as it is provided.

Please see the link below for instructions how to run automated strategies in charts.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
      I believe last night when i was working on it I did select "Forex" session template (with 44 days look back) and the chart was not continuously updating... it would only update when i would switch to Default 24/7 then switch back to "Forex" and hit *Apply* - at that point it would give me the new current volume and price.

Is there any way to have it do this automatically/constantly so i can sit there and watch the price/volume movement?

Comment

Could it be the market was not that volatile, so price did not update that much?

The Forex session template runs from 5:00 PM to 5:00 PM EDT the next day - Sunday through Friday. It does not exclude time in between, so you will receive data during those times automatically.

Can you please check if the last traded price in the chart and the Control Center-->Orders-tab is the same when you have the same instrument selected.

Comment

It doesn't appear so. In the bottom left corner of my control center window it says "Connected - Kinetick" and backlit in green. I've attached 4 screenshots to show you what i've selected and to see if i've done it correctly. My biggest issue is the fact that on any chart I have, where the session template is selected as "forex" (end date: 4/5/11) the data will refresh once I hit "apply" and seems to be the updated price of EUR/USD but then after that, nothing changes/updates - even after several hours.

When I went to Control center --> Orders, it was set to: Type - Default, Name: ES 06-11 and the bid, ask, last were all streaming quotes (working perfectly). But then when I switched Type to Currency, Name: EURUSD (as seen on the screen shot) it said Big Ask Last n/a on all of them. Then when I tried to place a simulated "buy" an error message popped up??

Why am I not about to get streaming live quotes?

Thanks again for all your assistance
          Attached Files

Comment

Please try the following first. Disconnect from all data feeds in NinjaTrader and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Reset Instruments.

Restart NinjaTrader and check if you receive real-time data for forex.

If so, could it beyour Kinetick subscription does not include forex data? Did you select 'Basic' or 'Institutional Premium' when you subscribed with Kinetick?

Can you please send me your Kinetick username and password. Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Ok, I tried those steps, then selected Type: Currency; Name: EURUSD and still no bid/ask/last data.

I selected the 'Basic' Kinectick $50/mo subscription.

Just emailed you my info.

Comment

Thank you for sending the information. Please contact Kinetick to check your subscription as per my response on your email.

Comment

Got it sorted out with Kineticks, everything is working perfectly now. The algorithm is trading via a live feed now. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post zstheorist  
                  Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rehmans