"Another installation in progress"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Another installation in progress"

I began the download process yesterday, got a free license key, but was interrupted. This morning trying to install version 7 on a machine running Vista I get the above error message every time I try to install.

Is there something in the registry that I can delete? I can't find any existing directories that have Ninjatrader in them.

Thanks..

Hello bmoon,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please try the install again after restarting your PC? Let me know if this does not do the trick for you.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have tried that, no change. Should have mentioned I shut the machine down overnight so this was from a cold boot.

Comment

bmoon,

Please open the Windows Control Panel - is NinjaTrader listed in the sub-section where programs can be uninstalled?

Comment

No it is not. Nor are their any directories, subdirectories, or folders in my ProgramFiles or any other folder that are labeled NinjaTrader or anything close to that.

Comment

bmoon,

This being the case, it should be possible to install. Can you please try downloading once more?

Comment

Doesn't work, same error message.

I am using the "setup.exe" icon which I downloaded last night, and when I click on that the 43.74 Mbyte download begins in a window labeled "NinjaTrader Installer". After a few minutes I get the "Welcome to the NinjaTrader Setup Wizard".

I click "next" a couple times, agree to the service agreement, choose the default installation folder, click "confirm install", and get the error.

Should I download a new setup.exe? And if so, using the key you sent me last night? You sent me another one this morning when I tried to restart the process.

Comment

Hi bmoon,

I didn't realize you were installing with the same file. Please delete that file and download a new copy. The key you use wouldn't make a difference insofar as this is concerned.

Comment

Same result, it says I have another install in progress.

I have to stop for now, will try to resume this evening. Thank you for the help.

Comment

I've tried again today from a cold boot and still get "installation in progres" error. I also tried installing a previous version 7.1000.0.2 instead of 7.1000.0.4 and I get the same error.

How can I convince this machine that I have never seen Ninjatrader before? Should I clear all cookies? What is the software looking at that makes it think I am in the middle of an install?

Comment

bmoon,

I was speaking with another tech on this issue who mentioned that they'd seen other cases of this resolved after Windows Update was ran. Please try that now.

If the issue remains, I did find a similar issue's resolution with a Google search: http://sherylcanter.com/wordpress/20...s-but-its-not/

To be clear, I have not tested what is listed at the above link (unable to recreate your issue) but insofar as I can tell, it should work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DynamicTest  
                      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes