Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

random positions being taken at market without my consent!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random positions being taken at market without my consent!!!

I am currently using NT7 with CQG feed. I mainly use the static DOM for entries and the chart trader to manage the trade. Today, after exiting a position, my stop loss did not clear. I tried to clear it manually by hitting the red X button but it gave me some error message about how it couldn't clear the order. I called my broker and they cleared the order for me.

A minute later, I hit the 'C' button to center the bid/ask on my static DOM. Instead of centering it, it entered a short market order. I closed it immediately. When I called my broker, he got on my computer and cleared some files from the NT7 data base. He then told me that this likely could have happened because I had not uninstalled and deleted NT6 version. Does this sound like it could be the cause of such an issue?

The way I see it, it is either the broker' fault or NT's fault. To have a software enter market orders without the users consent, is no joke. My broker refused to refund me the one tick loss amount and commissions. I would like some feedback as to what could have caused this and who is at fault. The broker, or NinjaTrader? Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by goldtrader; 04-04-2011, 04:14 PM.

Hi GoldTrader,

To track down what happened with your orders, we can review your log / trace files. Easiest way to send them to us is use Help > Mail to support feature. In the subject write: Attn RyanM 462947. Please let us know the time that they occurred as well.

If you have any difficulty with this feature, you can manually attach in an email to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

* The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 04-04-2011, 04:25 PM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan,

Thanks. Email is sent. The incident happened right before 11 a.m. EST

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post gravdigaz6