Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument user settings & day period

Hi,
    My understanding of session template setting to "Use instrument settings" will apply whatever the RTH session of the exchange to the chart. Now I have tested this with all period types of interest to me and work exactly to my expectations except for Day period.

When I apply Day type period for the ES and use the "Use instrument settings", the chart also shows data outside of the RTH session. Is this how it is supposed to work? Would you please clarify "Use instrument settings", in case my understanding is wrong.

K

Hello Kashter,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Instrument Settings doesn't necessarily mean RTH. It's the session template defined for that instrument in the instrument manager. We actually changed this recently and most instruments will use ETH. To check the session template for a particular instrument: Click Tools > Instrument Manager > Then click on an instrument and click Edit.

The session template selected for daily bars only affects the bar's time stamp and not the actual construction of the daily bar. This is because they are supplied directly from the data provider with their own definitions, commonly ETH.

Unfortunately there is not currently a way to define exact times for daily bar construction. Alternatively you can build your own daily bar by using, for example, 1440 minute bars.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
    0 responses