Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT automatic disconnection/connection

Hello.
    i have an automatic strategy running, and, sometimes (too often) NT disconnect automatically and then connect again, but then the connection bottom-left soft indicator stay orange (Connected to Zen-Fire) and dont change to green and for example the Bar time of charts dont work although the connection exists.

Some help ?
    Thank you.

Hello marynja,

The orange connection color indicates you are not connected to either the order or price server. Likely you are disconnected from the price server, since the BarTimer does not work anymore.

When NinjaTrader loses connection, it will try to automatically re-connect for about 2 minutes. If no re-connection could be established during this period, NinjaTrader will stop trying. Subsequently you will need to manually disconnect/re-connect via Control Center-->File-->Disconnect/Connect.

So if you see the orange connection color for longer than 2 minutes, please manually disconnect/re-connect.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason, thanks.

Istn red color with "Lost connection" text, its orange color with "Connected Zen Fire" text.

The sequence is the next:

1. green color and "Connected Zen Fire" text indicated by Connected.wav sound. Price move.
      2. red color and "Lost connection" text (or similar) indicated by ConnectionLost.wav sound. Price dont move.
      1. Orange color and "Connected Zen Fire" text indicated by Connected.wav sound. Price move but for example the bar time dont work.

I am using an automatic strategy and, sometimes i am not near the pc for re.connect manually.
      Its possible to change the re-connections times and methods?

I using the last version of NT (live 0004)

Thank you.

Comment

Yes, the orange color indicates NinjaTrader was able to re-connect to only the price or order server.

Unfortunately it is not possible to change the re-connection time or method.

Please note the settings at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Strategies-->NinjaScript-tab. It will allow you to configure how your strategy will act in case of a disconnection. Please see the links below for more information.

Options-->Strategies-tab

Synching Account Positions

Comment

I have the same situation when there is a disconnect and was going to post but now I see the answer here. One suggestion would be to change the message in the orange status after NT stops trying to reconnect to "Manually reconnect" or something similar. I don't watch the clock and have no idea how much time has passed once the status turns orange, especially if not present when the disconnect happens. This would be very helpful indeed.

Dan
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Strage thing because its only happend to me with windows XP.
            For example, if i restart router the connection is lost, when the router connection its ok on windows xp the connected message is orange, yes the price updated but the bar time its disabled, but in windows 7 the message turns green again and the bar time works well again...

Comment

@eDanny. The suggestion to support some sort of indication when a manual re-connection is required has been inserted in our tracking system for feature requests and suggestions. It has been assigned with ID# 837. Thank you for your feedback.

@marynja. Unfortunately I am not sure why XP experiences the orange connection state, while Windows 7 does not. Do you experience the orange connection state each time you experience a disconnection in Windows XP with Zen-Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                @marynja. Unfortunately I am not sure why XP experiences the orange connection state, while Windows 7 does not. Do you experience the orange connection state each time you experience a disconnection in Windows XP with Zen-Fire?
                I test with 2 differents computers today, separately and together.
                I tested different accounts. The result was the XP stay in orange state and 7 reconnect correctly. All the times.

Thank you.

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files for NinjaTrader on Windows XP. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110406 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110406 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Please include how the disconnections were caused. You mentioned you reset the router in your previous post. Were all disconnections caused by resetting the router? Or did you also experience disconnections which were not caused by resetting the router?

Comment

Thanks Jason and by the way I am experiencing this on Windows 7 64 bit pre SP1.

Dan
                    eDanny
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM