Single chart multi-broker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single chart multi-broker?

I have a live multi-broker license and I trade a strategy to one of my brokers. Can I trade the same strategy to a different broker without a new instance of the strategy running? I ask this for performance reasons. Clearly I can have several charts with the same strategy running on them, or even use the strategy manager to have new instances.

Second question, is it better performance to run a strategy in the strategy manager and not via a chart?

Hello tradetree,

Unfortunately this is not supported. You will need to run two instances of the strategy - one for each account.

Running the strategy in the Control Center-->Strategies-tab will be better performance wise. If you run a strategy in a chart it will be listed in the Control Center-->Strategies-tab as well. So if you do not run the strategy in the chart but in the Control Center-->Strategies-tab only, NinjaTrader uses less resources because it does not have a chart opened.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I also noticed that in the strategies tab under connections it lists IB as the broker, which is correct for that account. However, my primary data feed is Vision Finanacial. Does this mean it is using the IB data or the Vision data is still used but the IB connection is for the orders?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello tradetree,

Unfortunately this is not supported. You will need to run two instances of the strategy - one for each account.

Running the strategy in the Control Center-->Strategies-tab will be better performance wise. If you run a strategy in a chart it will be listed in the Control Center-->Strategies-tab as well. So if you do not run the strategy in the chart but in the Control Center-->Strategies-tab only, NinjaTrader uses less resources because it does not have a chart opened.

Comment

It indicates that the strategy runs on data from IB.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Max238
        by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
        24 responses