Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to re-load a chart after disconnecting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to re-load a chart after disconnecting?

I had two charts up (for two separate instruments, the ES and TF) while trading this morning. A couple of hours into the RTH session, I disconnected and closed NT7.

Now, at the end of the day, I’ve come back to my charts and re-connected to my data provider (zen-fire). My charts bars remain at 9:40AM when I disconnected: How do I reload the chart to display the rest of the day’s action?

I tried to just open new charts but those too ended at 9:40AM. Thanks for the help.

Hello ephilip

Thank you for your post.

First try right-clicking in the chart & selecting "Reload All Historical Data".

Next, please clarify the following:

• What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you running? This can be found under Help > About…
    • Have you tried any other instrument other than TF & ES?
    • Are there any errors showing up in the Log tab? (this is the right-most tab in the NinjaTrader Control Center)

I look forward to assisting you further.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

“First try right-clicking in the chart & selecting "Reload All Historical Data".”

It is gray, so I can’t click it.

“ What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you running? This can be found under Help > About…”

”Have you tried any other instrument other than TF & ES?”

Yes, I tried switching the TF chart to a CL chart and loaded a “new” CL chart and in both cases the bars stopped at the time of my earlier morning disconnection.

“Are there any errors showing up in the Log tab? (this is the right-most tab in the NinjaTrader Control Center)”

This line appears twice in a row in orange (6:20 is when I first tried to re-open them):

4/6/2011 6:20:15 PM Default Unable to load server side config file: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.ninjatrader.com'
      4/6/2011 6:20:21 PM Default Unable to load server side config file: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.ninjatrader.com'

Comment

Hello

You will want to make sure you have configured your Zen-Fire connection such that Historical Data is enabled in your Account Connection settings.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.

Comment

It is and was enabled. The charts re-loaded after closed down NT twice, though I'm not sure why. So for now the problem is solved.

Comment

Hello

Thank you, letting us know the matter is resolved.

Let us know if you experience this issue again or if you need any further assistance.

Have a good one!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post usazencort  
            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM