Support and Resistance lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support and Resistance lines

How can I get as a default all the S&R lines I draw on 15 charts? I know I can lock each one. but that gets to be very painful when looking at so many charts. Would be nice as a default to save them and delete the ones i don't need any longer.
    thanks

Hello sesplin

Thank you for your post.

Are these S&R lines being applied as global drawing objects?

Have you looked at saving these in custom chart templates?

If you could provide more detail about what you are looking to accomplish I can give more targeted suggestion(s).

Thank you
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chip-
      Thanks for your reply. I typically draw S&R lines before I place any trade. In any chart I can click F6 key and get the straight line tool to pop up, I place the line and click. I can choose to lock that line. I am wondering/wanting the ability to place the line and have it stay on my chart day after day even when I close down NT7 without having to lock the line.

Hopefully, this makes more sense.

Comment

Hello,

There is no need to lock the line for it to stay on your chart. Simply save your workspace when you close NinjaTrader and the line will return when you restart NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

more specifically, 'save all' when closing the workspace does save it when the default workspace is opened next time, but the lines drop off the chart when I close my data feed and open market replay connection.

----------------

Hi, newbie question related to the posts here....I'm unable to apply S&R lines and then save them, even after closing and saving the workspace ('save all'). those lines are gone next time I open (NT 7).

thanks
          Last edited by stepnote; 04-10-2011, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Hi stepnote,

For the drawing objects, objects with >= 2 anchor points can disappear while scrolling when either anchor point is far away from the display range. It is possible to have both anchors off the visible range, but still have the object and as you scroll a little bit then to have the line disappear despite both anchors still being outside the visible range.

What is occurring with Market Replay since the time frame is different is that the objects are not anchored the same, but they should re-populate once you reconnect to real-time data.

As for the drawing objects saved to the chart can you please apply the lines, and then go to File > Workspaces > Save Workspace and then when exiting the application do not save the workspace, and also make sure that the charts have the historical data loaded that will establish both anchor points.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, but i am apparently quite lost. I understand why the lines would disappear when out of range, and can scroll and see that (with downloaded data, in market replay), but when I 'save workspace' and then exit without saving, restart in live connection (which displays the data range, e.g. today), the lines are not there. also, I don't see how to set end points on a line, there is nothing in properties that allows that and I can't capture the line end points in a time frame that allows me to scroll to both ends. I also haven't found video training guides that address the issue of S&R lines in market replay. make sense? thanks

Comment

Hello,

When you draw objects while connected to the market replay connection they can be removed off the chart when you switch back to a live connection, this will mostly occur when the drawing objects anchors dates are too far away from live data and can also occur when they objects are > than 20 days back. This is expected behavior and what you are most likely seeing on your side. You are unable to persist some drawing objects from market replay to live unfortunately.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

thanks: it makes sense in the context of don't jump from market replay back to live and expect to see S&R lines between the two. does it also make sense to have two separate workspaces, then, one for live and one for replay (so the S&R lines stay in place)?

Comment

Hello,

You may still see the clearing occur since NInjaTrader does not know the difference between the two worksapces. However this is a good suggestion and I will forward it to development and get a tracking number for you.

Comment

Hello,

This has been added to our suggestion list with suggestion number 865. Thank you very much have a great rest of the day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                      9 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                      Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
                      16 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton