Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data server down?

Hey guys,

At 10 AM GMT+1 the historical data server was doing fine, but then i switched products at 11 AM and then i got the following error:

Error on loading chart data for "CL 05-11 Nymex": Connection to data server is busy or not available right now. Please try again later.

i`m connected so that isn't the problem.

Please turn on the historical data.

Hello Rienb,

Can you please tell me to what connectivity provider you connect in NinjaTrader.

I connected to Zen-Fire on my end and loaded a CL 05-11 chart and it loaded the requested data as expected - I did not experience an error.

Can you please perform a disconnect/re-connect of your connectivity provider in NinjaTrader and check if the error remains.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Rienb,

Can you please tell me to what connectivity provider you connect in NinjaTrader.

I connected to Zen-Fire on my end and loaded a CL 05-11 chart and it loaded the requested data as expected - I did not experience an error.

Can you please perform a disconnect/re-connect of your connectivity provider in NinjaTrader and check if the error remains.
      Jason,

I experienced similar error on loading other instruments with PFG live data. I did disconnect/connect and I still got similar errors for different instruments. I did a clean re-install of NT74 and PFGAPI and it worked fine until I changed instrument and the same error showed up for TF.

I discussed the issue with Brett which he thinks might be a PFG issue but I am not sure about that. The issue of hangups on loading data and disconnect from historical server are too frequent and happens to others also.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Can you please send me your log and trace files. Please go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support and make sure 'Log and trace files' is enabled. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

There was a similar issue in the past with PFG. Disconnections from the PFG historical data sever could occur when requesting historical tick data. This was due to a bug in the PFG API client.

The new PFG API client should have resolved this issue as you can see at the release notes at the link below.

Fixed
        PFG adapter
        Updated PFG API to address an issue on downloading historical tick data. Please update to PFG API 1.0.463 to resolve.

Comment

Jason, Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately I do not have the log and trace files since I did a clean reinstall. I have been using NT.0.1000.4 since it was released, and PFG API .463 (the latest) and I still get the error for disconnect from historical data for some instruments(i.e., TF,CL,NQ,GC,etc.), and not just once but several times during the past week. I ended up doing clean re-installs of both NT and API to get the the software running.

Thanks.

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying.

Can you please send me the files if the issue recurs.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
            Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes