Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

EOD quotes from Yahoo come in too late - why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOD quotes from Yahoo come in too late - why?

I have had trouble getting EOD data for swedish stocks, and as far as I understand it Yahoo is the sole alternative. However, EOD data in NinjaTrader are almost 2 days late. Though the swedish market for apr 07 did close some 2 h ago, the latest quotes in NT are of apr 05, which is very annoying.

Is there a way to get updated EOD quotes from Yahoo into NT? Also, how come intraday snapshots aren't available?

Is there another way to get EOD data for swedish stocks?
    Last edited by JakobR; 04-07-2011, 12:08 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately NinjaTrader will only display data that is provided thru the Yahoo API when it is available.

Are these stocks an ADR? Can you please tell me what symbol you are attempting to load so I may attempt to test on my end.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, these stocks are not ADR, they are traded on the OMX stock exchange. An example would be HUSQ-B.ST. However, the qoutes just updated, so the last available quotes are for 06 apr.

The omx exchange is indeed available in NT and also Swedish Krona is a currency in NT, but swedish stock quotes are impossible to find. How come?
      Last edited by JakobR; 04-07-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Yes some foreign Exchanges are more difficult to find when picking out a provider that offeres this data. Unfortunately we do not have a list available of which suppported brokers or data providers office these instruments and possibly other users may have additional input.

Click here to view more information on Historical Data

Comment

Is it possible to use a third party downloader to update quotes? I'm thinking about Yloader:

http://www.yloader.com/

Comment

Unfortunately I am not familiar with Yloader however if you have downloaded data and it is converted to a .txt file in the correct format you may import this data by going to Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Import.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Importing Data:

Comment

Is it possible to do some kind of batch import? Importing data for some 30 stocks into NinjaTrader would be too much work if you must to do it one by one every day ...
              Last edited by JakobR; 04-08-2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

When importing data this will need to be done for each instrument individually.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

However, your reply takes me back to square one: how do I get updated quotes for swedish stocks?

Comment

In order to recieve this data you would be required to either import this data manually if you have a source or connect to a provider that offers this Exchange.

Comment

So ... I've downloaded stock quotes with an external downloader and imported them into NinjaTrader. In order to do that had to put some random characters under External feed under Symbol map. However, whenever I start NinjaTrader it connects to Yahoo and tries to download quotes for my instruments, which of course is impossible; there are no quotes to fetch from Yahoo as I have downloaded the quotes with an external source. This leaves my chart completely blank and I don't understand how to have my chart back. I've checked in the Historical data manager and there is indeed quotes, but the chart is still blank. I can't press Reload all historical data because it's greyed out. I have to close the workspace and then reload it.

Why does NinjaTrader automatically try to connect to Yahoo? How do I switch off that feature?

Also, if I have downloaded new data with my external downloader, how do I update the charts? The Reload all historical data is greyed out as I said.
                      Last edited by JakobR; 04-09-2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

To enable connection on startup disconnect-->Tools-->Account Connections-->select Yahoo-->Change-->Next--->Uncheck "Connect on startup-->Next-->Next-->Finish.

Next delete your data by disconnecting-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit tab-->Select -->Right mouse click and choose Delete.

Next import your data again and open a new chart. Reload hisotorical data will only be available when connected to a data provider that offers historical data therefore when disconnected this option will be greyed out.

Comment

Yahoo

Not sure what to believe..

Just noticed today that several midcap stocks have not been updated for 1 week on Yahoo.

Loking at this stock:

it says "trade time: 21st April" but today is 28th

Also this says "trade time 21st April"

Looking in Ninja Trader it has data for the 27th of April for the above stock, but comparing with Avanza (https://www.avanza.se/aza/aktieropti...rbookId=216840) they don't match and the don't match with the data imported in Ninja Trader from Yahoo..

Seems Yahoo is unreliable as source for Swedish stocks..
                          or is it just a temporary glitch?

just checked largecap as well and it's the same issue..

Anyone know where can get reliable updates for Swedish stockmarket?

Comment

I've been noticing for long that the Yahoo data quality is crap. However, if you wan't quotes for swedish stocks you are pretty much stuck with Yahoo as NinjaTrader doesn't support data from MSN Moneycentral which has much much better quality. Yahoo and MSN Moneycentral are pretty much the only providers of data for foreign exchanges.

I believe that this is the problem for many foreign exchanges.

Comment

So I guess the only option then is to buy one of the trading solutions from Nordnet or another bank in Sweden..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post gentlebenthebear