Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

EOD quotes from Yahoo come in too late - why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrystrom View Post
    So I guess the only option then is to buy one of the trading solutions from Nordnet or another bank in Sweden..
    Well, there are work arounds. You could try MarketAccess from Stockletter. Then you have to import data (Metastock format) every time you need to refresh your charts. This means you have to close your workspace, import your data, and reopen your workspace in NinjaTrader (very annoying!). This solution will work for most stocks, however not stock names containing "-", which i very common in Sweden. MarketAccess is not free, on the other hand you will have quality data.

Also you could try the YLoader which will work in the same manner. It's cheap and you download quotes from MSN (or Yahoo, quote.com or Google).

Also, you could buy a data feed from Tradenode. It's real time and insanely expensive (SEK 1500 per month). As I understand it, Tradenode will offer a much (?) cheaper EOD feed "soon".

Comment

Well seems time is better spent checking the charts than importing and fixing feeds.. So need to compare the cost of a working solution to 1 hours/day of fixing feeds...

Say you value your time to 50sek/hour and it take you 1 hour/day to fix the feeds it will amount to around 12.000sek/year just in fixing feeds..

I would say it would be better to buy a program with live feed for Swedish stocks instead of having the hassle of the import all the time.. maye more expensive but less headaches and more time to do what you want to do..

Just my 10 cents..
      Last edited by rrystrom; 04-29-2011, 06:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

It's not that much work, you just press Ctrl-A and import all the files you are interested in. The most annoying part is that you have to close and reopen your workspace every time you import, otherwise your charts will not uppdate. It is impossible to understand why there isn't a simple refresh chart button; pressing F5 doesn't reload data, just ... eh ... scripts?

The way this works makes me feel that I must be wrong. Someone please correct me!
        Last edited by JakobR; 04-29-2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

OK thanks
          Will give it a try!

Comment

Ah but the marketaccess data is still 1.500sek/year.

Comment

Yes, but SEK 1500 is cheap once you realize how hard it can be to get quotes for Swedish stocks. SEK 125 per month is not that much.

Comment

So would you rather use Ninja with the EOD data than for instance Nordnets Wintrade or Autotrade solution with live data?

Comment

I'm not familiar with Wintrade, but judging from the demo pictures I would say that it is more or less a trading platform, not a TA platform. I don't know how you spend your days, but most people do work during the day, and updated real time data is thus "useless". To benefit from Wintrade I think you have to do a lot of transaction.

The problem with technical analysis software is that 95% is either useless or extremely expensive, or in most cases both. NinjaTrader is free and useful, but developed for the US market. Once you get your quotes inside NinjaTrader its a powerful tool.
                  Last edited by JakobR; 05-01-2011, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                  Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view