Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT does not open up

Have a problem getting NT7 to open up.

I had no problems for the last few weeks and then suddenly today when I wanted to open NT it begins the process but doesn't complete it. Attached is a screenshot. The default opening is a Workspace I created with 4 time charts (1mt, 3mts, 15 mts and 30 mts) as well as 2 tick charts (one with 50 the other with 100 ticks) and the DOM.

Any suggestions of what may be wrong? Or how I can get it to open up? Perhaps there is a way to override the requirement that NT thinks it must use this specific workspace when opening up.

sandman
    Attached Files

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Before providing any guidance we first need to understand the source of the issue.

Please send your Log & Trace files for the date this occurred.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Help > ‘Email to Support…’ and check the box by “Log & Trace file”

Make sure to include a reference to this forum thread.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chip. I can't get into NT Control Center so I copied the Trace and log file out of the MYDOCUMENTS folder. They are attached hereto. It happened just today - I tried the last few hours to get it to open up.

sandman
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello sandman

Do you have your data provider configured to ‘Connect of Start Up’? If you are unable to connect to your provider it could be the cause of this ‘hang-up’

For this issue you will want to try moving all workspace files out of the default directory and see if that clears up these issues. Here are the instructions:

To temporarily move the workspace (.xml) files,
        1. Close NinjaTrader
        2. locate the NinjaTrader workspace folder (My Documents / NinjaTrader 7 / workspaces)
        3. then select >
        4. cut >
        5. & paste all of these files to a temporary folder (e.g. on your desktop)

Please let me know once you complete this & if you are then able to start the platform and run it without issue.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Chip. I removed the workspace files as you had laid out. Now NT opened up, and I was able to connect to my Data Provider/Broker as usual. I also tried the Replay connection and that worked too.

Am I right to assume that the workspace I have (with the multitude of 4 time charts) plus two tick charts might be a bit too heavy of a workload for my computer? And I will need to cut it down. Or is there something else? Reason I ask is because I worked with this workspace for the last two weeks with no problem.

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes