Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Version 7 SuperDOM slower than Versio 6.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 7 SuperDOM slower than Versio 6.5?

I have two computers - one with NT6.5 and one with NT7. Both with ZenFire Data. So i can see both at the same time for the same instrument. The NT6.5 seems nuch faster than NT7, the last-bar jumps between bid and ask while the version 7 stand always at the same point.There is no Tick-Data-filtering activated. How this can be?

Jens

Jens, thanks for the report - I'm not aware of simliar ones at this time - is this comparing NT7 R4 to NT 6.5 R19? Are the computer simliar spec'ed hardware and also OS wise?

If you could send me the respective logs via Help > Mail to Support I would like to review them closely.

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bertrand,
      I use NT6.5.1000.15 on a PC with 2.4 GHz P4 and XP Home - this one is faster than NT 7.0.1000.1 on a PC with a 3.06 Ghz DualCore and XP Pro. You doesn't any Logs for this. The Dom on the faster computer seems slower than the DOM on the slower one.
      If i use NT6.5 on both computers, everything is fine. They both blinking simultan.

Jens

Comment

Jens, I would suggest to compare out latest supported and up to date versions of both NT 6.5 and 7, this would be the ones I listed in my prior post accessible from our download page. The logs would still be helpful to me as I can double check with connection server points for ZenFire you would use on both installs so a direct comparison would be valid.

Thanks,

Comment

Hello Bertrand,

i don't understand this, and what you mean with "double check with connection server points for ZenFire". What i know and understand, that there is no difference between the data connections. But there is a difference between the two main versions of NT. The difference between the latest version of NT6 and my version is only in support for special brokers. There was no change in the program (as far i read in the changelog).
          I think, there was an update message for NT7, but as i want to update, there was the message with the critical annoncement for CME-Traders...
          So again: I have two accounts. one for PC one with NT6 and one for PC two with NT7. Both PC running with Win XP. NT7 seems filtering Tickdata, but the option is disabled. I searched for a update-delay-property for DOM, but i didn't find one. The 1-Tick Chart shows all Ticks but the DOM didn't react for this mini-jumps.

It's not a data issue - it's a prgramm issue.

Jens

Comment

Hi Jens, thanks for clarifying - first of all: I'm not aware of any similiar reports and we have a several customers still using both releases. It would also really help if you could send in logs / traces for review purposes.

Then next - if you exchange PC's in this setup for the run & compared NT versions, would you still see the same discrepancy?

What chart are you comparing to which DOM? NT7 1 tick chart to NT7 DOM?

Lastly: as you're using an outdated NT7 release it would be best to retest using the current R4 production version.

Thanks,

Comment

Ok, now i have updated to the latest versions and - same thing. While the DOM-last-marker flips between bid and ask in NT6.5 it is much slower in NT7. I don't compare it with a 1Tick-Chart, but this Chart shows exactly the same in NT6.5 and NT7. Only the DOM of NT7 is much slower - compared to NT6.5!
              Where i can adjust the sensitivity of the DMO-last-marker in NT7?

Jens

Comment

Jens, there's no such setting for the DOM - only for the charts - please submit both logs / traces from 6.5 and 7 to my Attn to support so I can review which connection points you're using - it could simply be you're using aggregated data on NT7 while using non aggregated on NT 6.5 - which would explain what you see. Since NT7 is slower here for you, you can also try to delete your ZenFire account connection and then create this please completely fresh using the non legacy API - then reconnect fresh and retest : still seeing a noticable discrepancy then?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                  ...it could simply be you're using aggregated data on NT7 while using non aggregated on NT 6.5 - which would explain what you see. Since NT7 is slower here for you, you can also try to delete your ZenFire account connection and then create this please completely fresh using the non legacy API - then reconnect fresh and retest : still seeing a noticable discrepancy then?

Thanks,
                  Please, could you write that in german? What is 'aggregated data'?

Well, the connection was created in NT6.5. And NT7 gots it autamaticaly while migrating. Do you mean that?

Jens

Comment

Jens, aggregated means the data is not truly unfiltered but sent in aggregated packets ('snapshots') - this can be useful for lower performing systems that could not handle a sudden burst in market volume for example - please either submit your logs and traces as requested so I look into them or try a complete fresh created account connection in NT7 and then recompare 6.5 to 7.

Thanks,

Comment

Ok Bertrand,

latest news: There is no difference if i connect the NT7 first and then Nt6. I created the connection completly new. NT6.5 is always faster. It seems, that NT7 always uses aggregated data. How can I change this?

Jens

Comment

Jens, thanks for the feedback - can you please forward me your logs / traces from NT7? I could then doublecheck the connection points you use here.

Thanks,

Comment

Should I post it here or send it via personal message?

Jens

Comment

Would be best to via Help > Mail to Support to my Attn. Thanks

Comment

Ok, I sent them.

Jens

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cmtjoancolmenero