X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sell limit and but limit with same AT strategy

Hi,

I created a simple ATM strategy, Stop Loss 4 ticks and Target 4 ticks
    Tried to put a sell limit order above current price and is OK.
    Then put a buy limit orden below current price and get message: "you can´t submit an exit order for a strategy until any of its entry orders has been filled"

Any suggestions?

Regards
    Guillermo

Hello Guillermo,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

For this series of orders you must first save the atm strategy settings as a template. After setting up the parameters: Right Click > ManageAtmStrategy templates and then give a name.

Then, follow the sequence you did but before placing the buy order: Change the Atm selection from * Active AtmStrategy to just the name of the ATM strategy.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I followed your instructions and it works in SuperDome. I can place sell limit above current price and buy limit below current price but not in Chart Trader.

In Chart Trader, I place either order and the other gives me the message

Regards
      Guillermo
      Don'k know what I'm doing wrong

Comment

It's the same steps in ChartTrader. You need to change the ATM selection from *Active to just the name of the ATM strategy, using the button with the three dots [...]

Comment

Hi
          I mistakenly said that it worked in SuperDome. It does not work either.

I place one order in Chart Trader an the other in SuperDome, but it worked once.

Now I cannot place both orders one after another, just one of them

Comment

Here are the exact steps we have available for this. I have highlighted the step you were running into in your first post. If you are still seeing issues, can you let us know the exact message you're getting?

One of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to submit two entry orders, one which will cancel if the other is filled.

You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:

* Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
            * For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
            * Submit your stop order to buy above the market
            * For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
            * Submit your stop order to sell below the market
            * CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function

For a market fade approach just subsitute limit orders for stop orders. This entry technique is demonstrated in our free ATM Level I training class that we hold several times per week.

Comment

That is great. Now it works fine.

By the way, I I have a chart with range bars. Why some indicators like MACD, RSI or Bollinger Bands do not work?

Comment

They should work generally on range bars. There may be issues if your range chart is less than 20 bars, which is the minimum required for any indicator to start printing values.

Please check log tab of control center for any error messages and send a screenshot of the chart so we can see how you have it setup.

Chart screenshots can be created through the Right Click > Image feature.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes