Having trouble with Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble with Market Replay

I have a learning block when it comes to Market replay. I simply cant get my charts to move.

I record data under Data tab by checking "Record for mkt replay". When I later try to do a MktReplay I un-check the record box, then I connect to MktReplay Connection. All this with several open charts on the instrument I want to replay.

The replay control box appears and I can set a date and start data by pressing the play button. The control box shows data is 'flowing' but nothing ever seems to happen?? Charts just sit there.

I remember having the charts respond once, but don't know what I did differently. The user guide is not clear to me. I think I am following all the steps, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Hello billr,

Thank you for your post.

With the data downloaded you may need to set the time to trading hours, try the following steps.
    • Right click on the Market Replay Controller and select 'Available Data' and expand the instruments to see L1 Begin and L1 End -> Press 'Close'
    • Right click on the Market Replay Controller and select 'Go To' and specify the date and a time within the L1 Begin and L1 End -> Press 'OK' to go to the time specified
    Please see the following link for additional information.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I too am experiencing this same problem. I have used replay in the past with 6.5 and have had no problem. I have done everything suggested here and re viewed the video in help.
      The time on the replay top line moves and advances but no data hits the charts. If I change the day via the go to option the charts change so I am pretty sure that data is avaailable but again no advancement in chart data when the time advances HELP Please.

Comment

I have the same problem as above!

I am having the same problem as above. I have followed the advice but my chart is still dead, funny, it all worked fine once, but now for the life of me i can not get it to work. I downloaded data from ninja. It is listed as 12/04/2011 06:00:00 to 15/04/2011 06:00:00. Level 1 and level 2. Could it be that I live in Spain and my charts are adjusted to reflect Spain time and the data is in "somewhere in america time" said he thinking aloud?

The help files make it all sounds so easy, should it be?

Comment

For dee50 & deanldavis475

As a reference – please make sure you have already reviewed the following for working with the Market Replay feature in NinjaTrader 7 please check out the following link – specifically the Set-Up & Replay sections:

Set Up:

Replay:

You will also want to Right-click on the chart and select ‘Data Series’. Try setting your chart’s session template to ‘Default 24/7’. If you still do not see data populating the chart then click & drag to manually scroll the chart to see if any data is visible while market replay is running.

Please let me know if this still does not resolve the issue you are experiencing
          ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chip. Been there done that, I can now be a bit more specific with my problem. I can not get market replay data downloaded from your goodselves to function, However, I had no problem getting market replay to function with data recorded live, and that was without having to change any settings for my charts. Shot in the dark, this couldn´t have something to do with time zones could it? If my computer clock is set to CET but your data is recorded your time, would the two never meet and therefore that is why the data I recorded functions but yours does not??

Comment

Hi dee50,

The data downloaded from the servers will have the appropriate times for the instrument and be offset based on your time zone so I do not believe that would make a difference.

Can you please clarify if you receive any error messages when downloading, and also which instruments you are attempting to download.
              Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For those of you who may be having a problem with historical market replay data. I found that the data I downloaded from Ninja site got corrupted or was incomplete and as a consequence the Market Replay Available Data was displaying data files that were not actually available. I found that by going to documents/ninjatrader 7/db/data I was able to delete the files I downloaded and just redownloaded from ninja site and the problem was solved. Worked for me possibley might for you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post gravdigaz6  
                Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred