Chart Buttons and Hot Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Buttons and Hot Keys

Hi Guys, firstly let me thank you all for the level of support provided by the Ninjatrader team. The timeliness and quality of the answers matches the quality of the product which continues to improve as time goes by.

To further improve the functionality of the product I'd like to request some added functionality in the areas of hotkeys and the inclusion of chart buttons. To explain this I have attached a chart from my system. There are 8 identical charts for 8 different instruments across a multiple number of screens. Now each of these 8 instruments use different strategies so ease of access to strategies is.paramount.

Suggestion 1:

What I'd like is to have chart buttons down the right hand side. There is valuable screen space under the ATM strategy drop down box that could be used in a more productive manner.

What I'm thinking is a multitude of buttons that can be linked to both ATM and custom strategies. For my 8 instruments I'd like to be able to quickly press a button on each instrument to turn on or off the strategy I'd like to employ. At the moment I have to source these from the drop down box scrolling through a multitude of ATM strategies, or enabling custom strategies through another chart or through the strategies tab in the control center. It would be good to be able to access all the strategies from chart trader.

Maybe have 2 sections 8 buttons for ATM strategies and 8 for custom strategies. The problem right now as well is only ATM strategies can be accessed from chart trader.

Suggestion 2:

The hotkey development has been great but it would be good to be able to link ATM and custom strategies as well. I'd like to be able to select the chart and then use a hotkey to turn an ATM or custom strategy on or off. This maybe a good interim measure if the buttons are a bigger job.

Thanks for the consideration
    DJ
    Attached Files

Hi djkiwi,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback!

I've forwarded your requests on to our development team for further consideration.

Request one was assigned number 869 in our internal tracking system. Request two was assigned number 870.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    12 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Leafcutter  
    Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes