Retrieving lost indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrieving lost indicators

So I had a problem with indicators that an earlier post led me to delete the file Ninjatrader.custom.dll.

Now I have the generic cohort of indicators that loads with NT, but the custom scripts aren't visible (but are all still in .cs form in the indicator \bin\Indicator folder.

(a) Is there an easy way to mass import all these non-standard indicators (I assume mass compile); (b) are there other options, esp. as I need to upgrade NT to .04, to get all the old indicators to be accessible again?

On a more general note - NT developers should really put 'indicator management' on their to-do list. They're not easy to move around (unlike Metatrader or ToS), the export function often hangs up if you try to do too many, and it's almost like you don't think they matter very much. They do. And as I understand recovery from backup (which the NT dialogue is now constantly pestering us with), it's not backing up or restoring the indicators. I sort of wonder what it is backing up, actually - for most traders, that ideosyncratic combination of indicators that you collect from all over is a major tool we use to experiment and try new profit strategies. How about a little help here? thks, EC

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

They need to be recompiled. Can I please ask why did you deleted NinjaTrader.Custom.Dll? Which post is that so I know your history for where you at?

Finally, all indicators compile together when you compile one indicator so it is very simple to recompile and get everything working. If you run into further issues with doing this mabye it best if you just email me at support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and provide your phone number. I'm happy to provide this support.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Related question

I think it was this post - I had the same error message.

So a related question. Let's say i have a bunch (hundreds) of open source indicators on one computer and I'd like to install the indicators and templates whole cloth onto another computer. Can you walk me thru that process?

If this were MT4, I would just put them all in the comparable folder in the new install, start it up, and there they'd be. Will that work here?

Comment

Hello,

Yes will also work as long as you compile the indicators. after you move the files in.

Files are located in My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Bin->Custom-> then there is the indicator and strategies folders there with the .cs files in them.

Please follow the instructions below to compile all indicators. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

Open NinjaTrader
        From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
        Select an indicator and double click on it.

A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.

Also, on your original issues, most likely you have a compile error that is not generating a new NinjaTrader.Custom.DLL. Would suggest emailing me to resolve.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses