Access an indicator text output in a script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access an indicator text output in a script

I'm using an indicator that I didn't write. I have written a Ninja Strategy script that accesses and uses the levels that are plotted on the chart by the indicator. I figured out the variable names to use in the script by looking at the indicator properties box. The indicator also plots a number above each bar that I would like to use as well in my script. I can't figure out how to get the value of that number and use it in my script. When I right click on the number and click properties, it opens the Text Properties box and shows the number. When I click the Data Tab, I get a Tag, Time and Y position. Surely I can reference the Tag somehow in my script but how?
    Thanks,
    Len

Hi Len,

You can access indicator plots from your strategy without requiring additional code within the indicator.

For any other value, you will need to be able to open the source code for the indicator and make small modifications according to this sample:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I have a query about retrieving the plotted values from a market profile chart

Is there any way I can access VAL , POC of any custom Market profile indicator once they are added to the chart without having access to the source code of indicator?
      In other words , if I want to get all the Market Profile indicator values or order profile indicator values plotted in a given chart irrespective of whether indicator source code is locked?
      I want to write all the above values into a text file once they are captured from the chart.

Please let me know a solution.

Comment

Hello mrbestk,

Thanks for your note.

Order Flow Volume Profile is not exposed for NinjaScript access.

You can find a description of how you may calculate the Value Area and POC yourself in the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...79#post1112679

Once you calculate these values, you could use a StreamWriter to write those values to a file.
        SampleStreamWriter: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...o_write_to.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses