X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAMDisk software on Ninjatrader 7: your experiences

Hi traders,

I've just read some info about this topic in this old thread:

but no one replied to the last question, so I thought about a new thread.

Anyone is willing to share his/her experiences with RAMDisk software when coupled with Ninjatrader 7?

Thank you!
    Last edited by paulg; 04-17-2011, 05:20 AM.

this discussion continues over at https://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninja...ramdisk-4.html

I am coming into this almost 2 years after this posted here, and 1 year after it posted there.
    it seems like there has been a substantial improvement in the processes and software capabilities of the Ramdisk implementations, especially regarding doing the relocation through symbolic links of the My Documents contents, and the abilities of the save/restore upon shutdown/startup of the desktop operating system.

This discussion covers the entire platform and exceeds just the usage and improvement of the trading application, and it would be grand if some form of support and step by step instructions from those who were successful in implementation would be given.

so far a few users of the Dataram's Ramdisk product have had to move on to other software due to impossible system recovery issues (i.e. they could not shut down, nor reboot, and the system hung, thus losing all data in the volitile ram as well as the issue with breaking the symbolic links)

it also seems that unless this thread notifies one by email, one would never know that someone has responded to this topic

as an alternative Skype (Trader.Sam), ping me

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions for reducing the amount of memory NT uses? I load NT with only 2 charts of the same instrument both of which use GOMI tools and it uses almost 2gig memory! Im fully aware that NT is a resource hog but this is crazy. 2Gig memory to have 2 charts up. I run Sierra Charts (my primary trading platform) with 6 charts up, ranging from volume profile, footprint, to regular candlestick charts. It uses about 700-800MB memory. Any suggestions? Is there any way to narrow down precisely …

do not forget to include these steps too

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes