Problem with no chart data from TD Ameritrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with no chart data from TD Ameritrade

I am connected to TD Ameritrade, and connection is good, as it shows my balance, and positions.

It will not feed data to the charting page on Ninja Trader. What am I doing wrong? I eventually will use Kinetick, once I have done major studying. I don't plan on trading for at least a month.

Hello cumberlandcapt,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

Which instrument(s) are you attempting to load? Do you receive an error message when attempting to load the chart? If so, what does that error message report?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No chart data from TD Ameritrade

I have tried currencys, mini sp, stocks, etc. None will work. There are no error messages, it just won't connect to any data stream. It probably is something wrong with my setup. I'll go through the guide this weekend. With over 1,000 pages, it was overwhelming.

Comment

Hi cumberlandcapt,

Thanks for the clarification.

The TD Ameritrade connection provides NinjaTrader with stock and index data only. If you attempt to load a pre-configured stock like AAPL, does the chart load?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, I haven't tried a basic stock like Apple.

So I best subscribe to Kinetick, if I want to trade currencies, etc.

After your last message, I was messing around, and now I can't get chart data even in the simulator mode, where it was working just fine.

I hope I can watch the new user forum on the 18th. We are on vacation for the next week, so may not be able to watch too much.

Comment

Hello cumberlandcapt,

Yes, if you like to trade all instrument types in simulation, it is best to subscribe to Kinetick.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.

You'll also enjoy all these benefits with the purchase of any symbol package:
            From a technical perspective, NinjaTrader writes directly to the underlying server technology vs going through an API layer. This results in an optimized interface between NinjaTrader and Kinetick when compared to NinjaTrader and some other data providers.

If you connect to the Simulated Data Feed, please make sure the instrument in question has a 'Sim feed start price' entered. Please see the link below for more information.

In addition, the New User Orientation webinar starts at 1:30 PM EDT (US Eastern time zone).
            Watch daily livestreams to learn how to trade futures. Tune in as NinjaTrader experts provide futures market analysis and trading tips. Join us today!
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Was this issue ever resolved??

Last post was back in April. I have similar problems with Ameritrade data feed. Has this been resolved?? Or is the answer to just forget it and get a different data provider. Was hoping to find a resolution to this one. thanks in advance if anyone is able to problem solve this one.
              Last edited by ShruggedAtlas; 06-12-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Hello ShruggedAtlas,

Can you please tell me which instrument and interval you are having issues with?

For example, AAPL 1 Daily chart.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post WHICKED
                by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM