Can't get data from IB in the Static superDOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found some older forum posts of people having the same problem as me:

Do you know how they fixed the problem back then?

Comment

Hello,

Sorry, I asked kyle and he does not recall what resolved the issue on that case.

Comment

I see, well one thing I noticed is that even if I go to the instrument manager, then look up X, click edit and then uncheck the marker next to "Default", then check the marker next to "NYSE", then click OK to exit the instrument manager. Now if I go to the instrument manager again, and look up X, click edit, I notice that the checkmark next to "Default" always comes back even though I unchecked it.

Also if I go to the L2 and write in X, then click exchange "NYSE", then click OK. Then I rightclick the L2 window -> Instruments -> Select, I notice it has now reverted to Default exchange again.

So it always seems to revert to Default, dont know if this can pose a problem?

Comment

Hello,

This is ok and normal. Default can always be there.

Most likely heres what we will find. I will be able to find the combination that allows data in our total view data is not supported inside of NinjaTrader. There may be some more regular lvl 2 that would be supported in this case and subscribing to this would get data into NinjaTrader. However if this total view is somehow different/ special then regular level 2 according to IB then this would be most likely the cause. However I simply cant confirm that without testing.

Thanks.

Comment

Well unfortunately I cant use the phone right now as I need to be available at all times, I was hoping we could compromise on using for example Skype chat to get this done..

Comment

Hello,

What I can do is remote into your PC. However for me to do so please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and I will be able to send you instructions via email on how to do this.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Alright, I've sent an e-mail to your support, I put Brett in the subject line.

Comment

Alright, I subscribed to the NYSE open book and now it works as it should.

Seems the other data I got from my standard $10 subscription wasn't "real" L2 data according to IB.

Anyways, just want to say thanks for the help guys, it's much appreciated.

Comment

Also if I may make a suggestion for future NT updates. Is it possible you could add the abiliity for NT to fetch the IB Level 2 data that comes with the standard $10 data feed subscription? For many people this data is plenty, and it would save money not having to subscribe to additional market data.

I know Tradestation for example is able to use this data with no problems.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please give me the exact naame of the subscription you where subscribed too for level 2 data that didnt work. So that I can get this information to development as a suggestion. Thanks You.

Comment

Hi,

I was subscribed to the "US Securities & Commodities Non-Professional Bundle".

It comes with a simplified level 2 for stocks, forex and futures. NT managed to import the data for forex and futures but not the stocks for some reason.

Comment

Hello,

I have submitted this to development and they have given it tracking number 890 on our suggestion list.

Thanks very much and have a great day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes