Workspace keeps getting erased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace keeps getting erased

This has been happening ever since I have been using NT, but now it is getting annoying because I have been doing lots of back testing and drawing on charts and randomly sometimes when I have to restart my computer the workspace I have been saving comes up blank, wiping out about 30 hours of testing that I now have to redo...grrrr. Is there a way you guys can fix this please? Or is there a way I can retrieve my old workspace? I named it and everything, and it says that workspace is loaded but is blank. I thought it was supposed to be fixed with NT 7, but I guess not.

Hello Radkins

Thank you for your post.

In an effort to avoid this loss & then manual effort to recreate these workspaces – you will want to backup your work/settings:

Creating a backup archive:
    1. Disconnect from all connectivity providers (if connected) and from within the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Backup...
    2. The "Backup NinjaTrader" dialog window will appear
    3. Select the items you wish to back up
    4. Press the "Run Backup" button

To restore a backup archive:
    1. From within the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Restore...
    2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
    3. Press the "Open" button

To see what may be triggering these ‘wipe-outs’, please send your Log & Trace files for the date this occurred.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Help > ‘Email to Support…’ and check the box by “Log & Trace file”

Please also make sure to include a reference to this forum thread.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just started experiencing problems reloading workspaces.

happened once in 7.0.1000.3 when market replay totally crashed, and I had to end task it (vista 32 bit).

I rebuilt all my charts, saved 2 backups (one for current and one in case of a problem)

I upgraded to 7.0.1000.4 tonight..and 'untitled1' could not be loaded in.

opened my other named workspace and all was fine.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
      Hello Radkins

Thank you for your post.

In an effort to avoid this loss & then manual effort to recreate these workspaces – you will want to backup your work/settings:

Creating a backup archive:
      1. Disconnect from all connectivity providers (if connected) and from within the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Backup...
      2. The "Backup NinjaTrader" dialog window will appear
      3. Select the items you wish to back up
      4. Press the "Run Backup" button

To restore a backup archive:
      1. From within the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Restore...
      2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
      3. Press the "Open" button

To see what may be triggering these ‘wipe-outs’, please send your Log & Trace files for the date this occurred.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Help > ‘Email to Support…’ and check the box by “Log & Trace file”

Please also make sure to include a reference to this forum thread.

Comment

Hello sledge,

Thank you for your post.

‘Untitled1’ is the default workspace for your installation of NinjaTrader. In the scenario you outlined, if you had configured ‘untitled1’ in your previous installation – you would have wanted to give it a unique file name (not leave it as ‘untitled1’)

If you still have access to this file from the previous install, then try renaming & then moving over. See if that resolves the issue.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
        1 response
        0 likes