CL 06-11 contract data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL 06-11 contract data?

Rollover is tomorrow (April 18) so I'm sure this is something dumb I'm doing... I get data in the DOM, but the charts aren't updating, the BarTimer indicator is showing its "disabled since either you are disconnected or current time is outside session time or chart end date." The end date is today, session template is Energies ETH, so all that is fine.

I manually deleted the historical data for the 06-11 contract, and by the way, when I do a "Reload historical data" on the charts nothing happens.

Hello JoshDance,

Can you please select the Default 24/7 session template in the chart and check if real-time data is received. Since you receive data in the SuperDOM, likely the session template selected in the charts exclude the current time.

If you do receive real-time data using the Default 24/7 session template, please select the Nymex Metals/Energies ETH again in the Data series menu and check if your charts continue to receive real-time data.

If the Nymex Metals/Energies ETH does not receive real-time data in your charts, please check its session begin and end times in the Session Manager (Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It started working without my intervention sometime last night. As of right now though, I'm unable to load any data on new charts I'm creating, even when other charts of the same instrument are fine. The backfill on my setup comes from you guys. Are you sure there isn't an issue with your servers?

Comment

There is no issue with our servers - I am able to load historical data as expected on my end.

Are you currently able to right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

Could it be you are disconnected from the historical data server? Please check the Control Center-->Log-tab for any error messages that indicate a disconnection from the historical data server. Please manually disconnect/re-connect and check if you can load historical data in the charts.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As an update, all is well now. I was not able to open any workspaces as the charts hung on "Loading Data" or whatever the message is. At this point though, all is well. I don't like having to restart as sometimes I use indicators which must plot in real time and I lose the historical information they plot when I reload or change any indicators or when I have to restart.

Comment

Similar problem

My feed is through IB and when I load a back month contract into my Instrument Manager and open up a chart, only the latest bar will be for the proper contract month. For example, I was using charts for ZS 5/11 but wanted to start watching/using ZS 7/11. When I load the chart for ZS 7/11, all the data will be for 5/11 with the latest bar outsized reflecting the difference in price. This applies to all timeframes i'm looking at (daily/30min/5min). I'm sure it's a simple fix but I don't have much experience with NT. Thanks.

Comment

Jay, welcome to our forums - would you see the same outcome if you set the merge policy for the ZS to 'DoNotMerge' in it's master instrument settings (Tools > Instrument Manager)?
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

worked like a charm thank you very much Bertrand!

Comment

Missing CL data CQG.

Every time that I reconnect to NT my CL 6-11 data restarts with a new bar. All of the other data for the rest of the session disapears. I'm using CQG and this happens at every contract rollover. Why does this happen and what is the fix?

Comment

Hello Biggertime Trader,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Unfortunately, there is an issue with the data server this morning which has resulted in CL historical data from 4:30 PM EDT yesterday to this moment being unavailable.

Data will be restored during a server maintenance period over the weekend. Sorry for any inconvenience this may result in.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Kyle; 04-21-2011, 08:45 AM.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post inanazsocial  
                    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes