Multi-Broker issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-Broker issues

I just upgraded from Mirus only to Mirus + IB multi-brokers license (IB added for cash fx).

All started well this morning until I tried to add the first fx chart - see error msg attached, the instructions of which I followed (so you have the relevant trace file - this thread is to attempt to speed things up).

On restarting NT7, the previous saved workspace is no longer in a recognisable form - dataless charts showing from an earlier incarnation. Nor is data loading to the charts (which are all CME FX charts for which datafeed should be ZenFire from Mirus - program is trying unsuccessfully to load IB data - see error msg 2).

Can't trade, urgent help, please.

J.

Edit : I confirm both IB and Mirus datafeeds were connected : does it matter in which order they are connected, as I want a workspace with both CME FX (Zenfire) and cash fx (IB) charts are displayed ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jtrade; 04-19-2011, 03:05 AM.

Thanks for the email response, Berrtand - will reply via email.

Comment

Thanks got your reply and will follow up shortly.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand - did you see the email I sent you early this morning + the trace files via the Control Centre ?

I'm getting the attached error message when trying to connect to IB TWS.

I've set my TWS logoff to 0600 as I get up around then and can log back in some time before 0700 so that my cash fx charts don't miss much data (as no tick history as far as I am aware with IB for my range bar charts). I don't usually start tading before about 0900.

So now NT7 opens, logged into ZenFire, so no data for my cash fx charts. I feel it's something in my IB connection, so I'm hoping the trace files reveal this.

Another strange thing is that if I have another window active while NT7 starts up, my IB account name and password get filled in there. For example, I've seen them auto pasted into a Google search window and also onto an online banking fiorm - I guess I'd better let the program start undisturbed !

Day 2 unable to trade, urgent assistance needed, please.

J.

Edit : I have no problem loggin in separately to the TWS (bt NT will still not connect to it). I have also tried changing the optional Host to "localhost". Will now double check Windows Firewall (which was not a problem yesterday afternoon).

Edit2 : turned off Windows Firewall, same problem ((((
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jtrade; 04-20-2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

J, I'm sorry for the frustrations getting this setup - just replied to your direct reply sent to support, please check into and then let me know how it goes - thanks.

Comment

'Appreciate your responses, thank-you, Bertrand - I'm now working on something else for an hour or so, after which I'll reinstall the Connection as per your email & report back.

Comment

OK - I'm up & running, so let's see if it all starts OK tomorrow after an IB Maintenance shut-down.

It WAS a TWS issue : somehow or other, the "Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients" box
              had unchecked itself (I had not gone anywhere near it) !?

Thanks, again, fingers crossed...

Comment

Strange to hear about the auto TWS settings change, but nonetheless glad to hear the connectivity is back up for you now.

Have a good day,

Comment

aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh

See error msg 5 attached - a repeat.

Last time it just went away, becssue the only way I can close NT when it is showing is via Task Manager (because the message only closes for a second or two, then reappears).

Hold on a mo while I BANG MY HEAD ON MY DESK....

... that's better.... now, remember ZenFire is the A feed, IB the B feed, but the above occurred whilst trying to create a new cash fx range chart.. could this be happening becasue ZF is the A feed ? ZF has to be the A feed to stop my futures charts using IB data...

Edit - the good news : by applying advanced Jedi mind control, I manage to close the program before the error msg reappears; it then reopens fine (although not auto-filling TWS login name & password). I then open another cash fx, EURJPY, chart on a 5 min timeframe : fine. The bad news : I then tried to open another chart, this time a rangr bar chart of EURJPY : I figured maybe if a minute chart is loaded first there is some data for the range bar chart to reference, but no, error msg 5 again and I'm back to non-Jedi head banging...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by jtrade; 04-20-2011, 07:02 AM.

Comment

JTrader, I'm sorry to hear about your continued issues here - could you please contact me via Help > Mail to Support with your diagnostic files and a time I could perhaps also reach you for taking a look at your setup via a remote connection? You would not be able unfortunately to create a FX spot range chart, it would require historical tick data to build which the IB connection would not deliver.

Thanks,

Comment

Just sent.

The thing is, it definitely is possible to create spot fx range charts with IB : I used to do it in NT6.5 before switching to Mirus ZF... and I am doing it ni NT7, alebit with difficulties as per above (and also they take a while to build enough bars for indicators to form). Since posting above, I have managed to create the EURJPY range chart after shutting down again.

So what it boils down to is ow to get the IB spot fx range charts without going throupgh the whole error message + program close & reopen procedure ? I have to pick my daughter up from school now : perhaps 17.00 CET ? Do you need my phone number ?

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look and reply then to you directly - you can record the tick data yourself while being connected to IB's live data stream, but you could not backfill the tick data from IB's servers for your range charts - the needed source data is not available here. This is in contract to FX futures on Globex via your ZenFire connection.

Comment

That could be it - I've removed the jt script as instructed ('pity - very useful news indi).

Will report back tomorrow, Bertrand.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post DanielTynera  
                          Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                          9 responses
                          0 likes