Old, deleted strategy still showing in analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old, deleted strategy still showing in analyzer

I have an old strategy that I deleted many weeks ago that still shows up in the Backtest drop down menu. It is also causing error messages within the log. How can I eliminate it from my NT instance? I've attached a screenshot of the drop down menu in question. The old strategy is named "LTStrategy."

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Files

Hello,

You will need to recompile your indicators and make sure it is truly removed.

Open NinjaTrader
    From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    Select an indicator and double click on it.
    A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.

Let me know if there are any errors listed here or take a screenshot. To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Finally please close and reopen the Strategy Analyzer. If the strategy is deleted it will no longer show up.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Brett, I've compiled several strategies and indicators with no errors reported. I've closed and reopened the strategy analyzer. That old strategy is still listed. Other suggestions?

Comment

Hello,

PLease check manually for the name of the strategy in the filesystem under My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->bin->custom folder and the strategy folders. Do you see anything as its still being compiled in.

Comment

I've checked those locations but I didn't see anything related to LTStrategy.

Comment

Hello,

In this case it must be hiding somewhere.

I can help you find it.

Please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and reference this forum post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikefra View Post
              I have an old strategy that I deleted many weeks ago that still shows up in the Backtest drop down menu. It is also causing error messages within the log. How can I eliminate it from my NT instance?
              Mike,

I've been able to fix this problem by editing any other strategy and doing a Save-As to overwrite the bogus strategy name. Compile it and then go to the ControlCenter - Tools - Edit NinjaScript - Strategies... screen, and delete what you just created from that screen. That's workedfor mea number of times. I think that once I had to restart NinjaTrader first, but you'll want to do that anyway o make sure the problem is gone (which for me was showing up during startup and was seen in the ControlCenter's log tab.)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ghoul
              by ghoul

Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes