How to set a start time for Automatic Trading Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set a start time for Automatic Trading Strategy

Is there any way to have my trading strategy start at lets say 10:50AM? My strategy posts horrible numbers on any trade that exits before 11:00AM For example my current strategy on the ES futures back tested netted 6,000 after commissions with 1 contract since Jan 1st. There was about 3,000 worth of losses before 11:00AM. If I am able to have my strategy ignore anything before lets say 10:50AM I essentially increase my profits.

I could just turn the strategy on alittle before 11:00AM manually every morning. I was just curious if there was a auto feature to it. If I was able to edit the time frame of the chart it would also work. But I don't think I can edit the time frame of the chart either.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can absolutely limit your strategy to running only during a certain time frame.

In the strategy wizard, this can be done in the Condition Builder. You would use the "Time" conditions. For more information on using time in the condition builder please see the following helpguide article:

The "How to create time comparisons" section covers how to setup a time span.

If you are working with the code directly, please take a look at the following example strategy of how to trade only during certain times: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3226

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    DexterNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post trilliantrader  
    Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes