Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Could you have a class that shows how to close end of day that saves charts and keeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you have a class that shows how to close end of day that saves charts and keeps

I have been using Ninja trader for one week, good bye esignal. So far I love ninja trader. But I am doing something wrong. Every morning have to:
    re open 20 charts
    Load strategy
    Load 2nd strategy
    enable both strategies
    This takes a long time to do. Could you have a class that shows how to close end of day that saves charts and keeps the strategies loaded in the charts. I have tried saving workspace and that does not save the strategies in the charts. also is there an enable all at the control center because for some reason all of my symbols disenable during the day and I have to enable them one at a time. I am running the free version and I do not know if these features do not work.

Hello mitwave00,

Unfortunately you cannot save the strategies in charts or workspaces. However, you can save strategy settings as follows. Once you setup all strategy settings in the Strategies menu, please right click in the grid on the right hand side and select 'Set Default For *strategy name*'. If you exit NinjaTrader, your strategies will be terminated.

I am not sure what you mean by "all of my symbols disenable during the day". Am I correct that you stop receiving real-time data for instruments in charts?

If so, please check what session template is selected in the Data Series menu (right click chart) of the chart.

The session template determines at what times data is received/loaded in charts. If 'Session template' is currently set to <Use instrument settings>, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highight the instrument in question and click Edit. You can now view what session template is used.

Subsequently go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager. You can now see what times are used by the session template. You can modify session templates to your liking or create brand new ones in the Session Manager. More information can be found at the link below.

If you select the 'Default 24/7' session template in the Data Series menu of your chart, it does not exclude time and you will receive data at all times as long as data is provided by your data feed.

If you refer to strategies that disable, unfortunately there is no setting that will enable multiple strategies simultaneously.

Please check what session template is used in the strategy settings as well. Could it be using a session template that ends during the day?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes