Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Time Frames Charts

Hi

My strategy is based in several time frames, The same way there is a possibility to assign colors for all of them in order to refer to the same instrument, it would be very nice if I can lock them together when I am scrolling the horizontal bar in one of the charts.

This way it would be possible to analyse a specific previous time in the day, without scrolling all the charts to that specific time.

For me, this would be a major improvement for analysis and I believe several other customers think the same way.

best regards

Hello Nuno

Thank you for your post.

When you mention ‘lock them together’, is this referencing the multiple time frames that your strategy is running? If so, how do you envisage this being rendered?

If that is not what you meant, would this feature lock instruments together (related to the same strategy)?

If you could clarify these points and provide any additional detail you believe would help us to understand this suggestion – it would be greatly appreciated.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NT_Chip

I will give you an example

Imagine the my strategy is based on 1, 5 and 15 minutes charts

Imagine that at the end of the day I like to search if there was any entry point at 10h00

All my charts are at 16h30, that is for example the "current time" in this example

If I move the horizontal scroll in the 15 minutes chart to 10h00, all the other charts will remain at 16h30.

The ideia is to lock them together, in order when I move the 15 min chart to 10h00 all the order charts will move to the respective candle at 10h00.

This ways it would be much more easier to analise the entry points, because the strategy is based in all charts,not only in the 15 min chart.

After I reached the 10h00 and if I move forward with horizontal bar, all the charts will move also in time in order to analyse further entries.

I hope you understand the example.

Comment

Hello Nuno,

This sounds very similar to the Global Cursor feature. If you have this cursor type enabled the 1, 5, & 15 minute charts, it would track to the 10:00 time/bar.

Try going to each chart & hitting ‘Ctrl’ + G (this will engage the global cursor) for each chart. Now from the 15 minute chart, navigate to this 10:00 a.m. example time & the other charts will scroll to this time value as well.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NT_Chip

I work with NT for a long time and I did not figure out this feature.

After playing around a little bit, we are getting threre, but still some issues to solve.

Typically I advance in time by using the cursor keys in order to advance one candle at the time.

If I do this, the mouse cursor is not update and the close price of the candle is not updated in all the charts. The cursor should follow the close price otherwise I do not have any ideia of the price.

Regarding the automatic movement in the charts I do not know if help, I believe the switch to a specific time, the final confirmation should be achieved with a final click at the desired position. Just an comment.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post love2code2trade