Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using the Dom, How does one set up a Stop Limit Order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the Dom, How does one set up a Stop Limit Order?

How can one place a stop limit order with trailing stops using the Dom? For instance: Silver is trading at 45 I want to place a stop limit order to sell at 44.50 with trailing stops. I have no problems placing a limit order or a market order with trailing stops. Is there a way?
    If I place it normally how can I incorporate my trailing stop routine from the Dom?

Hello larrylwill,

Thank you for your post.

You can submit a stop limit order on the SuperDOM by pressing the middle mouse button at the desired price ladder. You can have an ATM strategy associated with the stop limit order just like your limit orders.

You can incorporate a trailing stop by using an ATM strategy with a stop strategy configured to auto trail at your desired settings.

For more information on entering orders on the SuperDOM please see the following helpguide article: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...x.html?sub.htm

Also, for more information on using stop strategies with an ATM template, please see the following helpguide article: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p_strategy.htm

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    DexterNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a way to set up a hot key instead of the center mouse button. Using a laptop with touch pad there is no center button, also on one of my other computers I have no mouse button and on a third the scroll wheel does not work as a center button.

Comment

Hello larrywill,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, you will need a mouse with a center button as you cannot setup a custom hotkey for this functionality. On some laptops, pressing left and right mouse button at the same time emulates a center button. You may also be able to emulate a center button with third party software, but we cannot support this approach.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
        DexterNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes