Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eTrade pro customer, switch 2 Ninja help please

Currently trading with eTrade pro.

Just found Ninja and would love to use it for my trades, amazing features.

What is the least expensive way, to get up and running ?

I need real time and currently Trade NASDAQ stocks primarily. Would like to continue reading the forums, learn and step up my trading a few notches.

Any suggestions on the real-time and brokerages, would be helpful. It appears that $50 a month for real-time (600 a year) + opening a different account with a broker ( 2 to 5 G’s) is the only way.

Am I wrong ?

1) are there discount brokers with real time that supports Ninja that are not very expensive?
    2) what are the least expensive brokers for NASDAQ trades and Least expensive real-time providers?

Thank you..

Hi augustajoel:

Thank you for your post and interest in NinjaTrader! NinjaTrader can be utilized for free for charting, market analytics, strategy development, backtesting and sim trading! The only time we charge for NinjaTrader if/when you begin live trading of stocks, futures and forex through a NinjaTrader supported brokerage.

It's easy to get started with NinjaTrader for free. Please visit ninjatrader dot com to download the platform and we will send you the free license key by email. Built into NinjaTrader is free end of day stock data from Kinetick, our preferred NinjaTrader datafeed. Therefore, you can access charts of any NASDAQ stocks for free.

For real time stock data for NinjaTrader, you have several options from broker technologies which provide the data to you when you open an account to professional datafeed services such as Kinetick, which is the most affordable real time datafeed provider for NinjaTrader.

Please follow up by sending an email to sales @ ninjatrader dot com and reference this post. I look forward to your email and will be happy to further discuss your options for trading stocks with NinjaTrader!

Thanks,

Ryan
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi Ryan, I know is old thread, but want to know why Ninjatrader is not compatible with "all" data feeds.
      e.g. etrade futures, TDameritrade--aka TOS futures data.
      I guess better phrased is why can't NT use any data I am receiving already"? again e.g. TDAmeritrade/TOS-futures data or etrade futures data

Thanks

Comment

Hello newbie0101,

NinjaTrader is about and choice and while we support hundreds of brokers worldwide with many connection technologies for data and order routing, it just isn't possible to connect to every possible broker and data provider connection technology. There are many reasons this is the case, but simply put, each connection technology requires a joint partnership between both parties, and added to that, a unique software infrastructure needs to be developed to accommodate each individual connection. It would be like trying to make tire for every vehicle in production, or having every tv station broadcasting the same exact same programing.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_James; 02-07-2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Hi James thanks for the response, couple of things you mention 100's of brokers, will you provide me a link for all of these? All I can find is here:

All I can find for possible data providers I found in your connection guide:

a more complete list of both would be great.
          Thanks

Comment

Hello newbie0101,

The link you have in your post will include the documented brokers that we have chosen to list on our website. Truth be told, the potential list of brokers that could have clients using NInjaTrader could exceed 100's due to the fact the each FCM has countless introducing brokers and new ones are being added all of the time; we have no way of knowing all of them at at any given time. If a broker offers one of NinjaTrader's supported connection technologies, it could very well be that you can use our software with an account with them and that you could be the first to do so. In short, we list what we know, but there are many others out there; that link is your best resource.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie0101 View Post
              hi Ryan, I know is old thread, but want to know why Ninjatrader is not compatible with "all" data feeds.
              e.g. etrade futures, TDameritrade--aka TOS futures data.
              I guess better phrased is why can't NT use any data I am receiving already"? again e.g. TDAmeritrade/TOS-futures data or etrade futures data

Thanks
              TDA is not TOS futures.

TDA has an open api. .TOS was bought in the last x years and hasn't been integrated into TDA fully yet.
              TDA was starting testing on quotes for futures.
              NT is using an older interface to TDA.
              NT 8 is supposed to update some part of this from what I've read on this forum.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post traderqz  
              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH