Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale ins - Do not merge targets

Hi,
    I have searched the forum but failed to find an answer to my query.
    I enter a trade with an ATM, whilst in the trade, I scale in with the same ATM. Unfortunately the second ATM merges all its preset targets to the original ATM's T1. I do not want the ATMs to merge targets, I need them to remain as separate targets as preset in the ATM, or until I choose to merge by click and drop.

K

Hello kashter,

Unfortunately this is due to the setting of the 'ATM Strategy' drop down menu after your first trade. It reflects '* Active ATM Strategy # - name', which means the additional ATM orders will be merged with the existing ATM orders when scaling in.

You will need to re-select your ATM strategy before submitting your second entry order. So if you make use of ATM templates, please re-select your ATM template. If you use custom created ATM strategies, please set 'ATM strategy' to <Custom> and setup your ATM strategy again.

You can also set 'ATM Strategy selection mode' to 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission'. That way, you do not need to re-select your ATM strategy before submitting your second entry order. After you submitted your first entry order, 'the 'ATM Strategy' drop down menu will automatically keep your initial ATM strategy selected - it does not turn to '* Active ATM Strategy # - name'. Please right click in the SuperDOM and select 'Properties' to configure the 'ATM Strategy selection mode' setting. More information can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      I had no idea it was as easy as re-selecting the ATM strategy! Thank you.

In regards to your third paragraph, I guess it only applies to DOM users, is that right? If so, maybe a suggestion as a future feature to allow an option to 're-select' ATM strategy automatically for users using the charttrader only.

Regards,
      K

Comment

Hello K,

It applies to ChartTrader as well. Please right click in the ChartTrader section of the chart and select 'ChartTrader Properties..'. You will find the 'ATM Strategy selection mode' setting there.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh,
          That is even better. Thank you.

K

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes