Getting Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Started

From the control center, I am selecting file, new, and chart. Then, I double click on NQ 06-11 and press ok. I get a chart box to show up, but on that chart, there is no data of any kind—just a blank white screen. I’m not sure what to do to get price (or anything else for that matter) to show up. What I am interested in (at the moment) is being able to practice simulated trading using the SuperDom of the Ninja trading platform.

Hello fast1,

Can you please tell me to what data feed you connect in NinjaTrader. Please note that NinjaTrader is not a data feed itself and you will need to connect to a supported data feed provider that supports historical data for the NQ 06-11.

Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what type of data they support.

The matrix will list 'data feeds only' such as Kinetick and DTN IQFeed, but it lists broker technologies as well such as Zen-Fire and Trading Technologies. The broker technologies can only be used if you have an account at a supported broker partner that uses the broker technology in question. They will provide data in NinjaTrader and will allow you to trade your account at your broker.

The 'data feeds only' will only provide data in NinjaTrader. You will need to have a subscription with one of these data providers to obtain login information, which you enter upon creating a connection.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I press file and connect, the second choice listed is “Kinetick—end of day (free),” so I suppose that is the data feed you’re asking about; however, what I was trying to do (but was unable to do but for some reason am able to do now) is connect to the Simulated Data Feed under “file, connect, Simulated Data Feed.” It’s working now.

Comment

Please note that the 'Kinetick - end of day (free)' data feed supports historical daily data only. So you will be able to create daily charts, however intra day charts or real-time data are not supported.

The Simulated Data Feed can be used to practice with the software. It does not provide real market data - it is internally generated. Please see the link below for more information regarding the Simulated Data Feed.

Comment

I am not getting chart data (again).

From the control center, I’m pressing “File, Connect, and Simulated Data Feed.” I hear a confirmation tone and notice immediate changes to prices in both the control center and the super dom. What I don’t see are any bars forming on my chart.

Comment

I've done everything I can think of to do. What do I need to do to escalate this issue to the next level of support?

Comment

Can you please check what session template is selected in the chart and ensure it does not exclude the current time. The session template determines at what times data is loaded in charts. You can select the session template in the Data Series menu (right click chart).

If 'Session template' is currently set to <Use instrument settings>, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highight the instrument in question and click Edit. You can now view what session template is used.

Subsequently go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager. You can now see what times are used by the session template. You can modify session templates to your liking or create brand new ones in the Session Manager. More information can be found at the link below.

If you select the 'Default 24/7' session template in the Data Series menu of your chart, it does not exclude time and you will receive data at all times.

If the issue remains, please tell what instrument you have selected in the chart.

Comment

Thanks Jason.

It's amazing how easy things are when I actually follow instructions.

PS: I want one of them trend slider control buttons for use when not in simulation mode, lol.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin