Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set the locale for NT7?

Hello,
    is it possible to set the locale for NT7 different from my (non-English) Windows locale?

I've got a trouble with a closed-source indicator parsing a date because of incompatible date formats. A workaround is to change my Windows locale to English (then the indicator works ok), but it causes me troubles with other applications I use.

In Java, the locale can be set at command line, for example:
    java -Duser.language=fr -Duser.country=CA SomeApp.jarBut I'm not sure if this is possible in .NET (or if there is some special NT7 option).

Thanks in advance.

Endif, there's unfortunately no NT7 special option here available, it would use whatever is set locally as PC timezone / regional setting - did you look into .NET's UTC DateTime properties to perhaps offer a workaround?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Endif, there's unfortunately no NT7 special option here available, it would use whatever is set locally as PC timezone / regional setting - did you look into .NET's UTC DateTime properties to perhaps offer a workaround?
      Can you be more specific? I'm not sure what you are suggesting... For a web app it would be possible to set locale (culture) in web.config:

<configuration>
      <system.web>
      <globalization culture="en-US" uiCulture="en-US" />

Unfortunatelly, it seems there is no way to do it for an application (or even entire .NET framework).

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not clear on what you attempt doing here. I was referring to .NET code options to work with DateTime variables expressed in UTC where you would not have to worry about conversions then.

Comment

As I mentioned below, it is a closed-source indicator, so I don't have an access to its source code. Therefore the only way is to run NT7 with the proper locale (culture) set. But it seems it's not possible without changing the system settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Endif View Post
            As I mentioned below, it is a closed-source indicator, so I don't have an access to its source code. Therefore the only way is to run NT7 with the proper locale (culture) set. But it seems it's not possible without changing the system settings.
            Thanks for clarifying, that's unfortunately correct.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Gerik
            by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            2 responses