NT Recovering overnight positions that are Simulated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Recovering overnight positions that are Simulated

I am not usre if something is wrong or this just how things work, or I do not totally understand what NT is suppose to do.

Yesterday, when I shut down NT, I had 3 open positions in the simulator. All 3 positions were using a strategy. One position was a future's index and the other 2 were for stocks. When I started NT, today, the future's position Basic entry window opened and then a window appeared ask me to enter a stock symbol. I clicked cancel and the future's Basic Entry window disappeared. A new window poped up asking for a stock symbol, since I did not know which wtock symbol NT wanted I clicked cancel. Then another window poped up, again asking for a stock symbol. I clicked on cancel. At this point, I have only one entry in the the Position Strategies tab for the futures position. No stock positions in the the Position Strategies tab. I was able to recreate the the the Basic Entry Window for the futures position. I have not been able to recreate the the Basic Entry Window for the 2 stock positions. Under the Accounts tab, the 2 stock positions do appear.

Thanks.

imported post

So there are no open stock strategies in the Strategy tab? You may have run into a bug with the basic entry window. Just open a new one. If you have open stock strategies, set the basic window to one by clicking on the position button (the one show your net position size)
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

That is correct, there are no open strategies in the Strategy window for the 2 stock positions. So there is no row for me to right click on. The open futures position does show in the Startegy window and I was able to recreate that strategy.

The open stock positions do show up in the Accounts window but when I right click on one of the stock symbols and then click Create Strategy, I get an error message that says: This feature is not available for simulated positions.

Comment

imported post

Correct, will have to close the stock position via the order panel.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

On Friday, I close NT with 2 open futures positions and 1 open stock positions. All 3 positions were using strategies and were using the simulated account. Today, Monday, when I started QT, the 2 futures positions opened correctly. However, the stock postion did not open correctly. I was asked to enter a symbol and I entered the stock symbol. The Basic Entry Window appeared with the stock symbol, correct Strategy name and that I was long 100, but the values for Position and Qty were wrong. The Position value was ENTRY and the Qty value P/L. Also, on the Position Strategy Window, there is no entry for that open stock position.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post usazencort  
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes