Email Test Not Working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Test Not Working?

I wanted to test if the email feature was working on NT 7.

But when clicking the test button I get this error msg. How do I fix this?

I have not entered any details into the Mail Setup fields because I do not know what to put there, and it said default values would be used if I left it blank (which i suppose it good).

I have attached an image of the error that appears (but blanked out the ip address details).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bennygill; 04-23-2011, 07:59 AM.

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Do you have any security software, anti-virus, firewall that could be blocking the sending of email from a 3rd party platform?

If may be easier to troubleshoot this item by sending an email to support. From the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Help > ‘Email to Support…’ and check the box by “Log & Trace file”

Please also make sure to include a reference to this forum thread.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried to send that email to support, but I got the same email error again.

The system I use sends out alrets of trades via email, and I was told to test if my email as working by doing what was descrbied in the thread above. Since it does not work, I cannot be notified for potential trades.

I check my firewall and antivirus, they are not blocking it. I use windows firewall and Avast free antivirus.

Comment

Works here

My parent's DSL would always time out emailing an image (while in chart , image->email ).

But I never saw that error message.

What do you get with,
        /
        start-->run->cmd

at the dos prompt

>tracert smpt.whateveryoublackedout.com
        Attached Files

Comment

Its kind of hard to explain since I dont know anything about dos. But a black screen poped up and it looked like it was running through some code. It got to a certain point where it said 'timed out' and closed automatically, and nothing after that.

Comment

Should I be adding details to the Mail Setup area? What would I place in there?

Comment

Originally posted by bennygill View Post
              Should I be adding details to the Mail Setup area? What would I place in there?
              If you know those details, then it wouldn't get routed through ninjatrader email server (which you for some reason, can't reach).

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                If you know those details, then it wouldn't get routed through ninjatrader email server (which you for some reason, can't reach).
                Depends on who your ISP is. They should instruct you how to setup your local machine email.

Here's a list that might help:

Comment

I tried using my gmail account details (server pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com) but that didn't work either. Same error msg.

Using your dos test I got to 12 so it should be a problem on their side? The window closes before I can copy the code, so I can paste it in here for you to see.

Comment

Originally posted by bennygill View Post
                    I tried using my gmail account details (server pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com) but that didn't work either. Same error msg.

Using your dos test I got to 12 so it should be a problem on their side? The window closes before I can copy the code, so I can paste it in here for you to see.
                    But it worked for me??

It could still be a firewall/antivirus issue blocking port 25 outgoing.

I tried to set up gmail as their instructions:

You can open your messages from Gmail in other mail clients that support POP, like Microsoft Outlook. Step 1: Make sure POP is the best way to read your emails IMAP and POP are both ways to rea

It didn't appear to work. I went back to port 25 and no SSL. I even tried port 26 and also 266. It worked, but it appears not to use gmail.

Viewing headers shows it is coming from NinjaTrader

Comment

Ok I tried completely turning off my antivirus. It still doesnt work but shows a different error msg. It now says "Failed to Send Mail: Failure to send mail."

I tried using the Gmail by following the settings in the link Sledge provided (thanks for that). But it did not work.

My operating system is Windows XP. My antivirus is Avast (free version). I'm using NinjaTrader 7.

Any ideas what is happening?

Comment

Hello bennygill

From the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Help > ‘Email to Support…’ and check the box by “Log & Trace file”

Thank you,

Comment

As stated previously, this 'email to support' feature also does not work and is giving the same error message. So this is not an option.

Comment

In that case –you will need to send your Log & Trace files for one of the effected dates and attach these to an email – send to support AT ninjatrader DOT com

You can find these in your (My) Documents folder in the folders:
                            1. NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
                            2. NinjaTrader 7 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Thank you,

Comment

i have an error with sending test email from ninjatrader7

as you requested, i attached log and trace files

Attached Files
                              Last edited by mr_moneymaker; 01-10-2012, 04:45 PM. Reason: it is not the same problem as i told

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin