Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unstable NT

Hello.

I have been having problems with drawing and dragging ray lines and resizing chart windows for some time now. If I recall correctly, problems started first after the latest Windows 7 service pack upgrade and thinks are getting worse since.

When I attempt to draw a horizontal ray line, sometime I get a vertical ray line to pop up immediately, before I finish drawing the ray horizontal line. Another time as I am drawing the line I may get this ray properties window to pop up (withouthaving to double click on the line). Same would happen with Fibonacci.

When I drag a line, the line would appear lagging behind the mouse pointer (sometimes more, sometimes less) as I am moving the line, and eventually I would lose the grip on the line, or ray properties window would come up. Even when I move the mouse very slowly, thinks would happen.

When I try to move or resize chart window, I would lose the grip, or window would get maximized, or the pointer would slip elsewhere on the screen and make changes in other chart as I keep moving the mouse.

These things will happen quite often now, regardless if I am connected to Interactive Brokers data feed or completely disconnected, if I have strategies turned on or off.

I am using a regular HP AMD Athlon Dual Processor 2.6GHz, 64bit, 4GB RAM, plenty of hard drive. I use this PC for trading only; having NT and IB on only, no internet browsing, firewall strict settings, 3 monitors. I use NT – 32bit as I feel the 64bit version actually causes more trouble.

2 workspaces are open at the time, the main workspace with 5 TICK and minute based charts plus two T&S windows, each chart with volume and GomDeltaVolume indicators plus GomRecorder for TICK charts only. Second workspace with 4 TICK charts, same indicators.

The CPU generally runs overnight below 10%, during trading hours below 50% with occasional spikes to 90% - 100% as I draw lines, move a chart window or at NT startup. RAM stays at 1.9GB.

I re-installed the NT completely, following the steps I found on this weblog, including deleting the NT folders and cookies, etc. Things did not improve by much.

I hope that somebody will be able to help me to resolve these issues as these problems take my attention away from trading a lot now.

Thanks.

Hello

Thank you for your post & detailed description of what you are experiencing.

We will need to examine the diagnostic files to check for any errors or similar messaging taking place in the background of the NinjaTrader platform.

Please send your Log & Trace files for one of the dates that this occurred.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Help > ‘Email to Support…’ and check the box by “Log & Trace file”

Please also make sure to include a reference to this forum thread.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Perr0Grande  
    Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes