Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Anyone knows what IB feeds for their TWS demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone knows what IB feeds for their TWS demo?

Sorry for a potential off topic. It is related to NT as I want to find a particular exchange feed for NT and one of them is IB.

Anyone knows what kind of data IB feeds for their TWS demo? Is this data anyhow related to live data or it is completely made up? I opened the demo TWS yesterday on Sunday and it was feeding lots of data. Even HSI which is traded few hours a working day was flourishing while it was 4am in HK...

Hi maxima,

Thank you for your post.

Frankly, I'm not totally sure what is provided myself. Have you contacted IB support for clarification on this?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks. I am hoping a user can know... Lets wait a bit.. IB has worst support ever.. will call them as a very last resort

Comment

i believe it's the same their realtime feed except it's delayed about 10-15 minutes...

Comment

Forex isn't delayed***. I'm looking at the live feed and the sim feed on my machine simultaneously now and they're exactly the same tick for tick. Don't know about any other instruments.

I do know that they restrict you to running your sim IB TWS to the same computer / IP address as your live instance, to satisfy the exchanges that you aren't getting the price feed on seperate machines i.e. twice.

***just re-read and realised you said "demo" - is that different to the simulated? i'm talking about simulated, i.e. i'm signed up and have a live account. i never demo'd IB (maybe if I had I wouldn't be sing it now)
          Last edited by adamus; 04-28-2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Forex is widely available for free so no surprise the IB has it real time. However other markets seem defferently

Comment

IB Demo - Stocks

Using the Ninja Demo program with IB, I am only able to load those specific stocks from the initial NT instrument lists. I am unable to load additional stocks. TWS has no problem loading those stocks so I assume that this is just a limitation with the NT demo program? Once a NT license is obtained, any stock will become available. Is this correct? Thanks!

Comment

as long as I know there is no 'demo' version of NT. The only difference beteween free and paid NT is that free wont let you trade. But you should be able to load stocks without limits. The problem might be with IB thing rather than NT.

Hopefully support guys will explain it better but I'd be looking at IB. Try the stocks you cant see in NT one by one and ask specific questions based on the particular symbols you cant see.

Comment

Thanks Maxima . . I meant the unlicensed version. It might be an IB constraint too . . not sure why it doesn't bring in additional stocks immediately like it does from the initial instrument lists.

Comment

the unlicensed version = free version.

you might have been limited by IB - they have like 100 quotes enabled for the cheapest accounts. So if you have 80 quote lines in TWS and then you can only get 20 in NT... ja?

Comment

I discovered another forum thread that discusses the same problem that I am having with NT7 and IB regarding instrument lists:
                      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=27645

I have attached a zip file that extracts three .cvs files which in turn produce all the components for the NYSE, AMEX, and NASDAQ exchanges. These can then be imported via the NT stock symbol import list utility. This then automatically links the symbols to the required exchanges.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes