Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT crashes every night since upgrade to 7.0.1000.4

Hi,

I had NT running stable for even several weeks with previous versions. Now after upgrade NT crashes every night.
    It doesnt write anything in the trace-file about it so its quite hard for me to describe it better atm.
    Last entries in the trace file before next startup is always just that it checks AMP account. But this can be entirely unrelated to the crash. I have lots of workspaces open so its surely a lots of load and different things that could go wrong. No critical issue for me since on the PC running strategies it works very stable.
    Is there any way for me to get more debug info?

Thanks
    Last edited by naxo79; 04-27-2011, 12:48 AM.

Hello naxo79,

Do you make use of any 3rd party add-ons in your workspaces? Version 7.0.1000.4 uses CliSecure instead of RemoteSoft to protect 3rd party add-ons.

Could it be your 3rd party add-ons are not compatible yet with CliSecure? Please contact your 3rd party vendor to confirm. Or did you upgrade from version 7.0.1000.3?

What exactly happens when NinjaTrader crashes. Am I correct it shuts down, so we you come back in the morning NinjaTrader is closed? Or could it be NinjaTrader is unresponsive to all actions when you come back in the morning?

Unortunately NinjaTrader 7 does not have the Diagnostics-tab anymore which allowed additional information to be written in the log and trace files. Could you please send me your latest log and trace files anyway, perhaps I notice something that could clarify the issue.

You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110427 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110427 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Not using any 3rd party addons.

In the morning Windows just says it needs to close NT, so maybe it is unresponsive.

For sure the reason can be some indicator I have coded but since I am not getting any traces etc. for the crash its hard to know.

I will send you logs.

Comment

Hello naxo79,

Thank you for sending the files - please see my response on your email.

Comment

Hi,

Downgraded .NET to 3.5 and NT stayed alive over the night first time this week everything so looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by naxo79 View Post
            Hi,

Downgraded .NET to 3.5 and NT stayed alive over the night first time this week everything so looks good.
            Do mean you had .NET 4 installed previously...or it was 3.5 SP2?

Comment

I think it was 4, at least some client framework or similar was v4. But also the 3.5 SP2 was installed.

Actually noticed now that on the development PC NT was connected to Kinetick and not AMP last night so cant confirm the result yet 100%. Will be back with more info later.

Comment

Crashed again last night, this night it was connected to AMP and not Kinetick and same last entry in trace-file that it checks the amp account but nothing else there.

Comment

Hello naxo79,

Can you please re-install .NET Framework once more. Subsequently run NinjaTrader without any custom created indicators overnight and let me know if the issue remains.

Comment

Crashes during the night even though I had all indicators removed and just one workspace open.

How can one get more data on what is causing the crash?

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported anymore, see post #2.

Unfortunately NinjaTrader 7 does not have the Diagnostics-tab anymore which allowed additional information to be written in the log and trace files.

Can you please send me the workspace you had opened. Workspaces are located at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces. You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread again. Please include if you connect to Zen-Fire or CQG as well.

I will test the same setup on my end. Do you know at what times (+ time zone) you experienced the crashes?

In addition, you refer to a 'development PC' in post #7. Am I correct the issue occurs on 2 PC's?

Comment

Hi,

This only happens on 1 PC, the one where I do development.
                        The last log & trace entry is always at 00:45:
                        2011-05-04 00:44:52:763 (AMP) Hosted.Callbacks.PnlUpdate: account=
                        2011-05-04 00:44:52:790 (AMP) Hosted.Adapter.OnAccountItemNow: account='fcm='Dorman' ib='AMP' itemType=CashValue
                        2011-05-04 00:45:16:446 (AMP) Hosted.Callbacks.PnlUpdate: account=
                        2011-05-04 00:45:16:447 (AMP) Hosted.Adapter.OnAccountItemNow: account=

Removed account info in the above.
                        This crash did not happen those times I was connected to Kinetick overnight.

Time-Zone is UTC+2.

Will send the workspace.

update:
                        Actually now when I looked trough the workspace xml I saw there were some indicators not developed by me but downloaded from this site so I will remove those as well and test next night before sending the workspace.
                        Last edited by naxo79; 05-04-2011, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Sounds good, I will await the outcome of your test.

Comment

Development informed me to retrieve your Windows Event log files. Perhaps it will provide us an indication what is causing the issue. Please follow the steps below to send me those files.

1. First of all, open the Event Viewer by going to start->run->eventvwr or opening the run command via ‘Windows Key’ + R and typing in eventvwr

2. Choose 'application' option from the left side list and view events and choose 'save all events as...'

3. Name it accordingly either ‘Application’ or ‘System’ and change file type to xml

4. Perform the same saving of ‘System’ Logs as well.

5. After saving the log, send it over to support (at) NinjaTrader (dot) com with the forum URL (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=40507) as the subject please.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 05-04-2011, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the help sofar.
                              Made a new workspace with just one chart and no indicators and left only that new workspace open and was connected to ZF overnight.
                              Did not crash.
                              So there must be something in one of my other workspaces that makes it crash overnight if connected to ZF.

Is there any other way to resolve it than by trial and error and add a new chart or indicator every evening to the setup and see which one triggers it?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby