NT crashes every night since upgrade to 7.0.1000.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear the crash did not occur.

Unfortunately, I do not see a different way. You could run one workspace at a time. If the issue recurs, it is likely caused by one of the indicators in that workspace, so you can disregard the other workspaces. Subsequently, run an indicator part of the workspace and check if the issue recurs.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Last night it crashed without indicators, but had some strategy editor windows open. Gonna see if that is reproducible. A bit frustrating without any debug info.

Comment

Sounds good, please let me know the outcome. I understand it is frustrating that no information is present.

If you cannot reproduce it, could you perhaps try to run a default installation of NinjaTrader without any custom indicators or strategies on that PC.

You can create a backup file to save all settings.

The following instructions will uninstall NinjaTrader completely.

Uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista and later).

Manually delete the C:\-->Program Files-->NinjaTrader 7 folder (if still exist). Likely it has been removed, but please check anyway.

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder.

Subsequently download and install a fresh new instance. Let it run overnight while connected to Zen-Fire and let me know if the crash persists.

Comment

Possibly got resolved by running windows update and installing all latest updates and fixes for Windows 7, including latest .NET.

Comment

Hello naxo97,

Good to hear you have not experienced a crash after installing all latest updates and fixes and thank you for letting me know.

Comment

Crashed against last night. Well anyways its more random now and not every night.

Comment

I assume the same type of crash occurred - Windows generated error and no information is reflected.

Do you notice any consistencies between the crashes you have experienced so far?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  I assume the same type of crash occurred - Windows generated error and no information is reflected.
                  yes
                  Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Do you notice any consistencies between the crashes you have experienced so far?
                  no. With version .2 did not happen. I could have NT running for weeks, but after upgrading to .4 happened every night I was connected to ZF. After running the windows updates it happens less frequently but still apparently happens.
                  Well, gotta continue investigating and remember to save all work every evening.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

You could revert back to version 1000.2 if you like. It is still available on our download page.

Please let me know if you find anything that could lead us to the cause of the crash.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                    16 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Leafcutter  
                    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes